RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Darker Than Black

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Despite having such a gay name, this anime series is actually ... one of the best animes I've ever seen.

So far, there's only 9 episodes out, and some fansub groups seem to be falling behind for some reason. :(

But anyway, what's so great about this anime is that it's not the usual "nerdy main character gets thrust into a situation where he has to overcome his fear and eventually realize untold power." No, none of that tired old shit. The main character is a certified, psychotic, two-faced, ruthless badass from episode 1, but for some reason, you just can't help but love him. No more cheesy one-liners before he deals his "final blow" that doesn't actually kill his enemy, like so many other series! If he ever DOES say something to finish someone off, it's badass, and he really, actually, truly KILLS the enemy.

But what's even greater than that is the story. I'm 8 episodes in, and I still don't quite know what's going on. It's told in such a way that there's rarely any long-winded, 10 minute "explanatory" scenes. No, you figure most of the story out for yourself. All the characters are informed, you're really the only one who isn't, and the story is so well told that you can actually figure things out for yourself. To some extent, anyway. Believe me, I'm not saying this series is predictable. I'm saying it's a brilliant mystery series.

Also, it's violent. Very violent.

Also, Yoko Kanno did the music. (Cowboy Bebop) So, yeah, the music is really, really, really good.

So if you're tired of the same old cliche anime crap, and like violence, mysteries, and great music, definitely check this series out.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 01:31:59 AM by Alukarl »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 87
Never heard of it, but it sounds really interesting. I might just check it out.
Poke!
Can you dig it?

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
some1 pirate plx ;-;

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
will download after my Death Note torrent is up

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon