RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
NAM's Resource Shop [Closed for now? ;o;]

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
[INSERT FANCY BANNER HERE]

What is vector art?
Well according to wikipedia, vector art is:
the use of geometrical primitives such as points, lines, curves, and shapes or polygon(s), which are all based on mathematical equations, to represent images in computer graphics.

To put it in basic terms, it's making art with lines and shapes, and since it's all defined by mathematical formula, it can be re-sized to any size without a loss in quality before exporting.

I will be likely using Adobe Illustrator to make the ink outlines for the art (hence the vector portion) though the coloring will likely be done in photoshop or something similar, as I'm not a fan of vector coloring.  It's still vector lineart though :D

I posted this here, because Face Sets, Battlers, and Icons aren't just for any one RPG Maker.  I will make resources compatible with any of them, so long as you tell me what you need.

I am opening up an Art shop for RM to provide the following:
  • Battlers (non-animated front or side)
  • Icons
  • Face Sets

To make a request, please follow this simple form to make it easy on me to figure out what you need, and to comply with the request.  Just copy out of the code window in the spoiler below and paste it into your reply, then fill in the marked locations.  This makes it easier for me to help you.
Spoiler for Format:
Code: [Select]
[b]What I want:[/b] <for example: a Frontview Battler>
[b]Which RPG Maker is it for:[/b] <VX/XP/2k3/2k/95>
[b]What size it must be:[/b] <height and width in pixels>
[b]Outline style:[/b] <black/colored/none>
[b]Description of request:[/b] <Describe how you want it to look>
[b]Mockups/Sketches/Reference Images:[/b] <link to any here>

My Process:
After accepting your request, I will draw a pencil sketch of what I gathered from what you asked for, if you like how it came out, I will vector based on that sketch.  If you don't like it, you may either ask for a redraw, or cancel the request.  If I can't come up with anything decent after a few tries I'll be sure to let you know.  My creative juices aren't infinite as I would like.

Example Icon:

Potion

That being said, the red tape is cut and the shop is henceforth open for business.

Requests:
Finished
In progress
Spoiler for:
Zylos - Non-shitty Arshes

Terms of Service:
(if you do not read them it is YOUR fault if you're unaware of my terms)
Spoiler for:
I reserve the right to refuse any request that: (a) does not follow the above request format, (b) is difficult to read due to terrible grammar or text speak (such as: can u maek a batllerz 4 my gaem is call fihgt uf riteous and he fihgt er thta win war).

All resources created by this shop will be open TO THE PUBLIC.  If you wish for a resource to be yours and yours alone, PM me here on RMRK or contact me via AIM.  Private requests will NOT be free, and you must offer something in return if you want the request to be exclusive for your game.

I will fill requests on a first come first serve basis and will try to complete them in a reasonable time frame.  I will not accept more than 2 or 3 requests in a row from a single person, so as to allow other people the chance to get their requests filled.  If you need more than 3 requests filled, just wait a little bit for other people to get a turn before requesting again.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 06:05:37 AM by The Spy »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Wow, this is really cool NAM. I will have to put on my thinking cap and put you to work :)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Yeah I can't really do vector art in its entirety or I would, so I'm going to be using a program called Paint Tool SAI to color them in.  Unless its icons, in which case I'll just use Vector.

Rep:
Level 83
I might kindly request something soon, just to see how my program is gonna handle the graphics. My program still needs work so nothing for now. I am sure many people will be glad you are doing this though. So in advance, thank you

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
What I want: A better Arshes battler.
Which RPG Maker is it for: XP
What size it must be: 112x170.
Outline style: Whatever you think will work best.
Description of request: I want it to look like Arshes, but less dorky and more awesome.
Mockups/Sketches/Reference Images: RTP Fighter 1.

Consider it a good warm up for you to get in the hang of things and show off your stuff.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
That shouldn't be too hard.

edit: progress sketch and real quick 30 minute vector.

CG progress so far:

I'm done for tonight.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 04:23:41 AM by ??????? »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Looking good so far. :3

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
you want a shoulder height face set, but you give me full body poses to draw?
*is confused*

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I think he meant like, if you take the full body images and just crop it from shoulder height and up?

Rep:
Level 84
What I want: Faceset
Which RPG Maker is it for: VX
What size it must be: 384 X 192
Outline style: None
Description of request: A faceset of this African American Businessman
Mockups/Sketches/Reference Images:

Thank You and credit will be given! ;)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
ok, I'll see what I can do about finding more time to do the art, school just picked up so I don't know if I can do very much during the week.

Rep:
Level 84
Just take your time. I am in no rush. My project is not close to being finished.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
just posting to say I am still working on these, it's just hard to balance time between vectors and schoolwork.

I'm actually supposed to be doing 3d for our 2 semester capstone project ._.
edit: I have not forgotten about this, I'm going to try to have one or two done on friday.

edit last: meh, school is eating up too much of my time.
I'm sorry guys, I just can't find the time to do this right now :(
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 06:06:27 AM by The Spy »