RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Wich one is better?

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Can anyone tell me differences about rpgm xp and 2k3?
or send me a good link with it? =P

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
more people here use XP. It's the newer version of 2k3.
More tuts are here about XP, you can get faster help with xp.
Almost every game made with 2k3 is a hit since well...not many people use it. almost 100% of all games started with xp are a fail since people quit.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

more people here use XP. It's the newer version of 2k3.
More tuts are here about XP, you can get faster help with xp.
Almost every game made with 2k3 is a hit since well...not many people use it. almost 100% of all games started with xp are a fail since people quit.

what do you mean?
i didnt understand you 100% i dont have too good english  ;D

in the end.. wish games are better? 2k3 or xp?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
if your looking for better graphics. IMO go with xp.

I made this in XP:

Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

you forgot to put doors :D

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
you can make equally good games in both. XP looks nicer, and most of the useful features are retained. And people are more likely to be able to help you if you use XP. And he didn't forget to put doors. They are events. He just didn't put them so that he could better display his incredible mapping skills.

I'd suggest XP, because of scripts. A lot of things that are hard, like menu systems, battle systems, etc... are just a matter of finding a script in XP.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Dosn't matter, really. Both can be used to design beautiful games wth wonderful graphics. Story dosn't matter since it can be great in the lowliest of RPG Makers.

I, myself, would prefer RM2K3. RPG Maker 2000 would be my second choice and then XP, followed by 95.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
RMXP is 'smoother' in graphics.
And the scripts, yes, the scripts. The Ruby is very useful.
So I prefer RMXP.
Second is RM23K.
Third is RM2K.
I never used the 95. O.o