RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Here's a plot...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
kinda cliche at the start

main character is a new recruit into a force that defends a city from
monsters.
he enters a fighting championchip (i.e. LoD) looses, then the king
is killed by the champion.
the queen is the one that arranged his death, cuz she wanted power.
the bad guy's motivation is that he wants the gem that the king holds
in order to access the Tower of Omen, to bridge the gap between the
current plane, and a much darker one.

my question is, what do you think his motivation for bridging the gap
to the 'dark world' should be

(also, yes it's pretty generic, I'm just looking for a short story
to practice RPGMXP)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
Um...
How about a friend/family member died and the only way to get them back is to open the bridge to the dark plane. But if the portal opens, evil flows through the land and dark entities possess the bad guy's body, and uses him as a host. The only way to close the portal is to kill the 'bad guy,' and the parasitic soul within...

Easy story line to base a game off! ;)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
sounds good, I'll roll with that.

should come out good for a short story.

Rep:
Level 88
Good Luck! ;)

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I don't like the parasite soul idea. It's too blatantly good vs. evil. He should be an ordinary person willing to do anything to see his loved one again. To everyone it may seem like he is evil, since he would throw the world into ruin for his goals, but he's really just tormented by his loss.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Maybe she loved the evil prince

AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVAH AFTAH.
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
well I do agree that the parasite thing was kinda too g&e, but I love the relative thing so I may just simplify it to that.
you defeat him, and then you must destroy a beast that is holding open the portal?

Rep:
Level 88
Go with that then. :)
The parasite thing was just to make it sound good, don't worry, it's not my favourite idea too! :D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
alright, I'll have a demo of it up later on today.