RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
New on the forums, i need your help.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Hello guys, im new on the forums, and would to say sorry, if this topic is posted in the wrong section.

Well, my problem is - i dont know where to start, and could need some help.

I have noticed that the map is quite huge when you start up a new project, but if i make a door, can i go to another "world" that's as big as the world you start in?

Any guides, support would be appreciated MUCH!

Thanks on purpose, regards Alex.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Okay. It'll do you well and save you some trouble to read the help files.
You can add and adjust the existing maps,  by clicking or right clicking on the left sidebar:

Then, double click on the event layer (read help files if this does not make sense) and use the Teleport event command.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Thanks alot mate..

I just figured out how to do, only problem i have at the moment is, i want to make my NPC (a old man) to give the player a tutorial, and if he dosent take the tutorial, he will die - i set the NPC to set the players HP to - 466 (level 1), but he dosent die, is there a way to do this?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Thanks alot mate..

I just figured out how to do, only problem i have at the moment is, i want to make my NPC (a old man) to give the player a tutorial, and if he dosent take the tutorial, he will die - i set the NPC to set the players HP to - 466 (level 1), but he dosent die, is there a way to do this?
Force a game over screen.

Damn, fast reply, nice .. Thanks alot .

My only problem now is, i have no imagination AT ALL, my head is completly empty, so i dont know what the story should be in the game, what monsters to place etc, hehe.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Well, when you decide, we will help you

for now, just fool around with the controls so we won't have to help you -as much-

Spoiler for:
Lol i don't think lack of imagination is a problem anymore  :bean:
Spoiler for:
Also yes, damn fast

Okay, just some inputs i just got into my head.

A big city, with armor, weapon etc shops, there is a door down to a dungeon, where you can raise the first 5-6 levels (like in World Of Warcraft with instances), where you have to kill alot of monsters to gain a fast level.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Okay, just some inputs i just got into my head.

A big city, with armor, weapon etc shops, there is a door down to a dungeon, where you can raise the first 5-6 levels (like in World Of Warcraft with instances), where you have to kill alot of monsters to gain a fast level.
Cliche.

What does cliche mean? - is the already some threads about my thought?

Rep:
Level 102
What does cliche mean? - is the already some threads about my thought?
Cliche is a phrase, expression, or idea that has been overused to the point of losing its intended force or novelty.

Oh.. Irockman? - do you have some cool ideas i could maybe use for my first game?

Rep:
Level 102
A swordsman starts in a small village, a dragon wants to destroy the world, the swordsman has to find the seven eternal crystals to get to the dragon and defeat him.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Or you could go the amesiac swordsman who starts in a small village route  ;8

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
The fun in RPG Maker comes from making your own idea come to life. There's no fun in making someone else's game. Use your own ideas and who cares if nobody else likes them. RPG Maker is about having fun with the program, not about making games that other people want to play.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
A swordsman starts in a small village, a dragon wants to destroy the world, the swordsman has to find the seven eternal crystals to get to the dragon and defeat him.

You could call it Eternal Tales of the Crystal Dragon Legend.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I'd suggest you just play around with the program first, familiarize it until you actually have a good story in mind.

You could call it Eternal Tales of the Crystal Dragon Legend.
lol don't do that  :(
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

You could call it Eternal Fantasy Tales of the Ultimate Crystal Dragon Legend Part 1: The Requiem's Silence.

now do it

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon