RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Black Chronicle [RMXP]

Rep:
Level 88
Final Knights Productions presents...

Black Chronicle
A game inspired by the music of Sound Horizon

How this came about...

I got a large collection of music from my sister last Christmas. I've finally gotten through most of it (It's about 10 GB worth of music) and I found something called Sound Horizon. I have about 6 of their CDs on my computer and they do really nice music. Most of the CDs are Story CDs, by that I mean, the songs have narration and tell a story. However, its all in Japanese, so I just guess at what they are talking about. As I was listening to the album 2nd Chronicle, I interpreted the story in a way that I could make an interesting little story RPG. (By story RPG, I mean an RPG with few battles and focuses mostly on the story.) So, this is where this idea came from.

Story

A girl pursued by the Knights. The Knights stopping at nothing in order to capture her. What is the reason? Why all the bloodshed? So many questions, and only one man knows the answer...

Characters

Aramary
~The Narrator
~The woman who tells parts of the story as it progresses.

Heroes

Yuuki
~The Main Girl
~She is on a journey for no known reason. However, because of her naive nature, she often gets distracted from her main goal.

Revo
~The Turnaround
~Originally sent to capture Yuuki, when he found out that she was a young girl he switched sides.

Remi
~Pirate Leader
~Leader of a bunch of overly kind pirates, she helps Yuuki out.

Shigeru
~Foolish Pirate
~A silly little man who panics easily. He constantly tries to get Remi's approval.

Jimang
~Strong Pirate
~A strong and kind pirate that is part of Remi's gang

Villians

Kyoko
~Leader of the Knights
~He was the man who sent Revo, along with others, after Yuuki.

Features

~ Custom Windowskin by me
~ Full MP3 Soundtrack including music from Sound Horizon
~ Letter-by-Letter by Slipknot
~ Nice mapping
~ And much more!

Screenshots

~Coming soon~

Progress
Mapping: 5%
Eventing: 3%
Graphics: 50%
Storyline: 80%
Scripting: 100%
Music: 100%

Credits

~Music:         Sound Horizon
                      HalooftheSun

~Scripts:        Slipknot
                      Near Fantastica
                      SephirothSpawn
                      Wachunga
                      Prexus
                      Jimmie Reashu

~Mapping:     Final-Knight

~Eventing:     Final-Knight

~Inspiration: Sound Horizon 2nd Chronicle

~Sprites:       Assorted Artists
                      Edits by Final-Knight

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I think this will turn out pretty good, the story sounds nice and give a chance for a lot of plot turns and twist also it's simple and plain.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 88
Yes, I like the simple story because its a lot easier to focus on the characters if the story isn't so complex. The characters will make this one good. I think this game is more happy-go-lucky than most of my projects, but it will have some sad parts in it. It will also have comedy. I've gotten the opening sequence done so far and it is turning out to be the best game I've made! :tpg: