RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Arkarian Legend (Last Updated - 04/10/07a)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Team Excalibur Presents

Prologue:
1290 years since the Great Peace, trouble is yet again stirring.  The Senator's Council of Ortha has began to become power mad, and repressive.  When ordered to step down by the voice of the people, they have declared "Only by our deaths will we relinquish control of Ortha"
Khaler, the Grand General, along with his squire Baxhter, has gathered a regiment of soldiers, and began to lay seige to Dimetra, the Orthan Capital, hoping to end the reign of the Black Senate...
(you play through the prologue, on the Easy and Medium difficulty levels you are treated to a battle tutorial that explains the Arcanum system, if you are on Hard, or Annihalation, you do not need to go through the tutorial)

World Basis:
You are in the Land of Arkaria, specifically, the Kingdom of Ortha.  Ruled by the High King Venith; year 1299, preparations for the Centurion Celebration are underway
Magic is somewhat of a rarity nowadays.  Even so, mages still walk the land.  Each 'mage' in control of a single element of magic.
Artifacts of power have been discovered by Archaeologists everywhere, holding secret power, now known as Arcanum, or Common Magic.
You start in the town of Horthe, a young adult, with adventuring in his soul(name undecided).  You venture to the closest city, Farthell, and begin your career at the Adventurer's Guild.

Characters:
Khaler
Spoiler for Khaler Battler:
Spoiler for Khaler Sprite:
Skills - Speeder
Age - Unknown
Class - Warrior
Story - A great warrior, former adventurer and war hero of the Kingdom of Ortha, He is the Grand General of the Orthan Military.  Was killed in the Revolt against the Black Senate.
Baxter, his squire, is the only remaining eyewitness to how he died, and to this day remains silent about the event, clearly traumatized.
(yes he looks younger than Baxter, but that's just because he is more lean, and mor suited for his Quick Draw fighting than just straight out strength)

Baxter
Spoiler for Baxter Battler:
Spoiler for Baxter Sprite:
Skills - Swordplay
Age - about 21(in 1290, is 30 in 1299 when chapter 1 begins)
Class - Squire
Story - Former squire of the great hero, Khaler, he was promoted to Grand General after Khaler's death.  Still remains an icon of the old Orthan order.
(no you don't play as Baxter)

No other characters finished yet. ;D

Features:
Soul Rage/Soul Limit (renamed Arcanum and Arcane Break)
FULLY CUSTOM BATTLERS DRAWN BY YOURS TRULY
FULLY CUSTOM MUSIC COMPOSED BY YOURS TRULY
Tons of Addons Features-
  • Reflect
  • Regenerate
  • Anti-Lag
  • Unique Skill Commands
  • Upgraded Battle Result Window
  • Shaded Text
  • Difficulties
  • Bars
  • Animation Stack
  • Heal At Level UP
  • Black Fade
  • Arrow Over Player
3d Pseudo Battle Camera
Slipknot/Dubalex AMS
Status Effects as Icons (characters only)
Hire/Recruit Heroes from the Adventurers Guild (Blizz's Party Switcher/Events)

Previews/Screenshots:
Spoiler for Title Screen:
Spoiler for Game Over:
Spoiler for Battle Screenshot:
Spoiler for Demo:
I'll be releasing to the public a demo of the prologue when it is done, COMING SOON!!!

Staff and Special Thanks:
Blizzard(scripts)
Yukimora (he offered to help with sprites)
my friend Brian
Whoever Created the Status Effects as Icons Script
Halestorm5
Irgna

Testers:
Zan
Morris Lawry
BECKY1111
BackSeatBandit
Halestorm5
My Friend William

[RECRUITING!!!] Need Gametesters:
I need a steady group of Gametesters who will test for one of two things (or both)
  • glitches
  • game entertainment value
The reason I need a 'steady' group is because I don't want my storyline/plot elements to get out to the entire website, or then noone would play the game because they kept downloading the newest demos and stuff.
By accepting this request, you accept the following agreements:
  • You will test to the best of your ability
  • you will NOT reveal any plot events/elements/twists to anyone
  • you will NOT distribute any unofficial demos(game testing versions)
if you are able to help, just apply within this topic and I'll add you to the list of Staff/Special Thanks

Progress:
Storyline:??????????
Characters:??????????
Graphics:??????????
Skills:??????????
Maps:??????????
Scripts:??????????
Events:??????????
Items/Weapons/Armor:??????????
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 11:51:16 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

pokeball ZanOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 87
"Jesus saves! And takes half damage!"
Nice title screen.
(Laughs)
Makes mine look like crap.
And I can help you test if you need it.  I know how much of a pain in the ass it is trying to test all this stuff yourself.
I'm a pacifist...
And things get very peaceful when all of your enemies are dead.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Nice stuff! I will wait for some mapping screenshots, and re-comment
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I just google searched for fractals :lol:,
thanks for the compliment though ;D

no maps yet because I just started working on the flow chart for the Prologue
(that and neither Khaler or Baxter's picture have been fully completed yet)

thanks though

(Updates First Post with Baxter's Sprite Sheet/Khaler's Sheet)

oh yeah, and ::Update Bump::

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
I will test, i figure i can help with the icons but not the scripts.
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I have most of the Icons covered.
but if I need some more, I'll send you examples of what I'm using and see if you can match the style.

Rep:
Level 87
????
ill test!

Rep:
Level 88
The mind is the best weapon.
I'll test for you. Do you have a demo up?
->

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
thanks for the help.

::updated with Khaler's Battler::

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
neat style for your battler, but his  skin could use some colour, he looks a little too white for me

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
eh, I figured it matched the sprite, I'll see what I can do

Rep:
Level 87
????
How do i test it?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
How do i test it?
you'll get a demo of the prologue once I finish it.

also, the skin I'm working on, but how can the hair be too white, I wanted it to be white.
I didn't like the blue-gray of the sprite (It didn't work when I tried to color it in with photoshop) so I figured white was close enough)

Rep:
Level 88
I also noticed the battler has a yellow triangle while the spriteset has a white one.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I like yellow,  ;D

I'll fix it :(

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
't would be much much easier to edit the battler though.

1 paint bucket versus 12

Rep:
Level 88
Mind if I did it? I edited the spriteset. Just 2 colours had to be changed but I added 3 XD

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
eh, good enough
I'll transparentize and re-upload
(update + Special thanks Get[yer already there lol])

Rep:
Level 87
Is that a pocket dimension? Indeed!
Hmmmm, this looks like it has great potential. I'm keeping en eye on this game.
I apologize in advance for all spelling errors...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
thank you, I appreciate that compliment ;D

Baxter's battler will be up either today or tomorrow.
(I finished sketching him today)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
cool, I'll put you up there

UPDATES!!!!
I have updated the first post with Baxter's Battler
AND a screenshot of a sample battle showing off both custom characters and 3 custom soldier monsters for the prologue!!!
(the 3d battle cam kinda messes with the monsters a bit so they look glitchier than they were supposed to)

edit: tried a color change with Khaler's skin, they all looked either too pink or too gray with the white hair so I'm leaving it the way it is.  It looks great in battle anyways.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 12:43:51 PM by NAMKCOR »