RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Favourite Game

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Yeah, there was a game-ending boss fight very early on. I stopped playing it because of that, and then finally came back to it after it was fully patched. I can't wait for the sequel.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Yeah, there was a game-ending boss fight very early on. I stopped playing it because of that, and then finally came back to it after it was fully patched. I can't wait for the sequel.

So am I. Especially after I saw the "Prison Break" gameplay video. So far honestly the game looks like even better than the original.

Though honestly, let's admit it, they'll only let Geralt remember his past when they want to stop producing the games. As someone who has read the books to which the games are (non-canon, though) sequels, I can safely say that.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
It's been about two years since this thread was made so i'mma grip n sip revival dis sheet.

SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV

DEVIL MAY CRY 3

METAL GEAR SOLID 3

Seems only one from my original list survived. I dunno why I didn't put down SCIV, i've been saying it's my favorite game since I was like, 8 lol.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
I like the originally Metroid out of all NES games.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I went back and read through this thread, and I have to say that I was totally wrong about the sticking factor of Fallout 3. It turns out that it did become one of my favorite games of all time.

Rep:
Level 83
Legend of Dragoon is mine.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I'd like to append my "Call of Duty series" to exclude MW2 because that game was an even bigger disgrace to a series than FF12 and 13.

black ops isn't bad though. then again mw2 wasn't bad the first week either, time will tell.

Rep:
Level 94
Call of Duty is overrated anyway.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
wonk wonk wonk.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Little Big Planet because I dislike Halo, COD and GOW because playing war games with trolls and teenagers aint my idea of a good time.

Plus I'm a faggot. And its pretty.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I'll queue up with Disgaea and the Legacy of Kain Series. Great voice acting on top of gameplay that will eat your soul. Literally.
:tinysmile:

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Rm2k Advanced
Earthbound for the SNES.

Unique gameplay and original characters. Best game I've ever played and I've been at it for a looong time. Super Nintendo had the greatest games ever and remains to me the best system in existence.

http://hawkeyegames.blogspot.com/
My new Rpg Making blog; a new life to the old Hawk Games from 2006

Rep:
Level 94
Modern, I picked up Krondor from GoG, and I played a little bit of it. I normally hate high-fantasy writing, but I was actually enjoying the story. I'm not far into it at all, but I like it. Further proof that graphics don't make the game.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
haha, good to hear. I hope you end up loving it as much as I do. You definitely have to put the frame rate up to make it playable, but yeah - I've never understood people who need amazing graphics in order to like a game. Of my top 10 games, maybe three of them have good graphics.

I generally dislike high fantasy also, but I think it doesn't bother me in BaK because I find the actual plot is pretty light on it. It's mostly a political story, and when high fantasy elements come into it it's usually minor or transitional. It's main role is as a gameplay element, either as magic in battle, the various magic objects like the spyglass, or the temple stuff.

Anyway, have fun. The riddle chests are probably my favourite part.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I dunno man, Fallout 1 & 2 are pretty hideous, it dampers the experience a little bit.

I still love them though.

Rep:
Level 94
The looks of Fallout 1 and 2 don't damper it, but the fact that it takes an hour to kill a few scorpions does.

Rep:
Level 98
That too. Fucking aliens were the worst.

Rep:
Level 94

Rep:
Level 98
This is what happens every time you see an Alien in Fallout 2.

Little green men in cute suits? No.

Wretched beasts that were stronger than deathclaws.

MY SON ALWAYS DREAMED OF A LIFE AT SEA!
Rep:
Level 74
Lol Irocks a troll.
My favorite game?Hmmmmm well its gotta be Final Fantasy 13 its such a great game!

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
My favorite game?Hmmmmm well its gotta be Final Fantasy 13 its such a great game!
bwahahahahahahahaha that's a good one.

MY SON ALWAYS DREAMED OF A LIFE AT SEA!
Rep:
Level 74
Lol Irocks a troll.
bwahahahahahahahaha that's a good one.
lol what do you mean strike??????? THAT IS A GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
no, it really isn't.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
I recently bought Shadow of the Colossus, a game I'd been meaning to play for quite a while. Have to say, I'm really fucking impressed so far. Controls were slightly awkward at first, but now I'm all goods, the graphics are great for a Ps2 game, the music is absolutely amazing, and the mood is perfect.

Also, has some of the most epic fights in a game. And epic monsters. Yeah, it's good.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 94
You should've waited. When Last Guardian comes out, they're re-releasing both of Project ICO's games in HD.