RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Searching for new ideas!!!

Rep:
Level 87
Hey guys!!!
I ask if you have some new ideas for rpg Characters.
If you have please let me know.

Rep:
Level 88
0w/\/Z0Rz im back Baby!
More specific please? :tpg:
September 13, 2007, 06:56:52 PM <-  Last Login
I returned and better than ever!
Don't mess with me.
Ever....

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
More specific please? :tpg:

?_? he wants new ideas...you dont neet to specify what ideas...
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
Make characters with rediculous flaws, that way they have mega-growth for character development. Think of personalities or character traits which you think would be hated.

IE: Tales of Abyss' Anise is a gold digger wh***. She's kinda two-faced in the beginning but she comes around. So yeah, make a personality that your audiance will hate.

Me myself am making my main character of my game a "WTF can he do that!?" personality. >_>

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
make them having an attitude. else than ''omg i have to save the earth''''i have to save that lady over there'' or whatever. Laharl from disgaea might be the opposite. he'S my best hero EVER

Rep:
Level 88
A blue haired man who fights and fights, finding armour on his way and soon he becomes a legend and the greatest person who ever lived!... Wait dont do that, I already started >.<

But I suggest going with Holy and Shaifs idea's and mix em ;8

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
YAYYYY someone is approving with my stuff <3
luv u halestorm haha ;D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
make one character a gay narcoleptic necropheliac, just for kicks

but seriously, whatever you do, don't give the main character amnesia, it's too overdone.
I'm sure you can come up with a better way to get the main character into the adventure than
"I lost my membory, let's go look for it"

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Instead of amnesia, you give yourself a drug addict whose completly dillusional

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I semi-like characters who stick to reality and go "Get away from me you freaks!" but when they end up doing something you plan that only they can do PLLEEEAAAAASEEEE don't do all that "believe in yourself" stuff...I'd rather "Were all going to die anyway so we don't care if you fail"

I hope I helped...even a bit

~Winged

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
orrr you can make a character that signifies your traits or someone you know and amplify it 10 fold like me

Traits:
sample im lazy: (then make a character)

who dont care much about the world, and a very lazyyyyyyyy one...
(but in the end he end up saving the world like every rpg out there or be unique you end up destroying the world)

===then give him good traits say his talent (or your talent) (if your making a futuristic game say)===
1)im not that bad with a motorcycle so make him very good at that... he uses up his motorcycle and go fight some bad guys

**OR**

2)his good at playing computer games say his favorite game is a robot thing then make a story where his good at playing robotic computer games then blah blah story he end up riding piloting a gundam or something then saves the world

and so on so fort >.< its just a mix and much of the people you see very often about the appearance thats much much more easy see the way they dress up make them look like that but amp it and make it fit the era or time you have your game on say....

when im riding my motor =) i have a leather glove on the right hand and a half black shirt and on the other half a white one, and i wear a long cloth(specificaly a sleave just sleave lol), and i always wear black jeans) have one earing on the left ear then do that mix and match bam you have a new character lol!

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
make a guy get stuck in his favorite game

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Or girl =D

I'd love to be stuck in FF or MS...or even better, NARUTO =DDDDDD

EDIT:

I forgot  add, I'd HATE to be stuck in SIMS, it's real life in another language nobody has heard of =P

~Winged

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Or a guy warped inside a storybook.

Just *Arrr* make characters with over-insert personality choice here- that is really reallyover the top.
Crazy sells games.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
make a Badass character like Laharl or Zetta(see some youtube video)

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
What about the evil king determined to rule the world, sending wave after wave of ever increasing scariness to slaughter a group of four 16-year old heroes, all glowing bright, weilding crystals and determined to stop the evil king frm killing them.
Of course, you'd have to have the evil sidekick with the camp voice who dies halfway through the game sparking the kings super-mode, giving you just the last surge of strength you need to get killed by aforementioned heroes.....

Or make your character(s) the above glowing heroes if you want them to see the end credits, but that's been done...

Rep:
Level 88
Well I am kinda using this idea for my game that I am currently making but I suppose you can use it.

The main character ends up destroying the good guys believing that they are evil. Which in the end goes "Oh crap" Then ends up saving the world at the end.

Which is rather amusing considering I also have a character that works with this hero that ends up destroying mountains forests, and other landscapes to make "short cuts " 

excuse for destroying the mountain, it was during the end of combat, she missed, "what I thought we were still fighting"

the forest was a maze her excuses at the end of the quest. "Damn that forest took so long, *BOOM!* look I just made it smaller."

etc
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 10:37:36 AM by kathis »
Project
New project. The other dimention DND
RPG makers challenge http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13503.0.html

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I made a story called Kitty The Cat which i didn't release, but the idea was good.

WE;re a cat and we hate humans and then one day we stumble upon Catnicoo, the great Cat witch. We actually stepped on some of her important potions by mistake (AS they fell or something) so she curses us to become a human.
So leik, then we don't know how they live and see injustice done to other cats by Mr. I Hate Cats but wanna hit em hard.
Also known as Mr. IHCBWHEH.
So, now this IHC guy wants to capture cats all over the town (not world) and catches all but one. So he sends his men to catch you. When they realise you're human, they get you at the IHCBWHEH camp. Catnicoo realises you're their only hope and transforms you back but uses most of her power to give you super abilities.
You spend the rest of the game solving traps and puzzles around the big base camp to free all the cats and then come across Tigggor, IHCBWHEH's pet. After you defeat him and hand everyone to the police, Catnicoo's  spell wears off.

What a coinsedence..it wore off just in time.
You then live happily ever after.

and i'm serious about this.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 85
make a guy get stuck in his favorite game

I think that would be funny. but i don't know. How about a drunk guy wasting away in life and people just look at him and wounder why is he ruining his life.
"If you build it, they will play it"