RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What kind of char gen does everyone use?

Rep:
Level 88
The world wants to know. (Even more so me).

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
Unless you're using 2003, I don't know of any.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.

Rep:
Level 88
I enjoy creating Character Sprites.....
I don't use a generator, I make them myself.
Grow up, be a man, lol.
It's actually pretty easy, try it.
Make sure that the juice was worth the squeeze

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
For 2003 try charas.

For xp I think charas works too, but it doesn't look good.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Paint. All other mediums are NOTHING to paint!

Rep:
Level 88
That is sooooo freaking TRUE!!!
I use paint as well. LOL!! It is definitely the best of them all!!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
For once, Microsoft did something pretty much correctly.

Rep:
Level 88
Lol, agreed.....

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Paint. All other mediums are NOTHING to paint!
Same. Paint works very well. I tried using a char gen once and it SUCKED! It was just soo over complicated and pointless...

Rep:
Level 88
I use flash and photoshop to make my sprites.  With flash, it's easier to tell how well the animation goes together without having to actually put it into RPGMaker to see.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
My game is not flash-based like Yami's, but i agree with her, that its easier to check lawl..

I usually order(okay request) for em or, find.

A few rare cases are there in which they art madeth by me
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
There's mine:
http://www.backwater-productions.net/RMXP_CSG/

Which is really handy for making "extras", especially since you can alter the hue/sat/lightness of the different parts (some parts even have more than one color that can be altered) so it gives you near limitless variations.

I'm adding in new parts about once a week and pretty soon I'll have a set schedule for parts, adding a minimum of 2 parts a week.  Right now there's a lil over a 100 parts.  At some point I also plan on adding in a simple graphic editor, similar to MS Paint but with a little more functionality (use of layers and some filter effect stuff designed for sprite making).  Paint is pretty lacking compared to what you can do with Photoshop and Paintshop Pro.  If you're looking for a graphic editor for creating your own sprites from scratch I would recomend GIMP, it's a freeware program that rivals the functionality of Photoshop and PaintShopPro.  Best of all it works on anything (Mac, Linux, Windows).
Here's the link: http://www.gimp.org/

If you think Paint is good you'll LOVE Gimp (or anything else really, but GIMP is free).

Rep:
Level 88
I'm looking for any kind of software that'll do what that on-line gen. does. It has to be able import, animate, etc. I have a really weak one, and it dosen't seem to import very well.

I'm going crazy tring to exhaust every possible resource for XP, and I have't even gotten to the scripts yet. I'M GOING FRICKIN MAD!

Rep:
Level 88
Well, all I can say is be patient.  Eventually mine will have an editor built into it (before the end of the year).  I don't believe there's any other all encompasing program that exists.  At best you could use like Paint Shop Pro in conjuntion with Animation Shop Pro and export/import back and forth to see how it looks.  I'll ask around on some of the other forums, if there's a high enough demand for it I'll push the editor ahead of schedule.  Basically it'll come down to which do you want sooner:  More Parts?  Or a built in editor with instant animated preview?

Rep:
Level 88
Well, all I can say is be patient.  Eventually mine will have an editor built into it (before the end of the year).  I don't believe there's any other all encompasing program that exists.  At best you could use like Paint Shop Pro in conjuntion with Animation Shop Pro and export/import back and forth to see how it looks.  I'll ask around on some of the other forums, if there's a high enough demand for it I'll push the editor ahead of schedule.  Basically it'll come down to which do you want sooner:  More Parts?  Or a built in editor with instant animated preview?
I'm still reading up on scripting and have alot of ideas (scripts may actually already exsist for these though). However, of course with the support of my peers I'm sure when I write my first script someone will proof it and find the holes. Can't wait. Scripts are so challenging.

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
My char gen is in ingame...
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 88
How did you do that MeTM
Kinsei kazoku no mottoo .

Seigi no mae no haamonii
heiwa no mae no barannsu
saigo no ha no mae no junjo ha kudaru

Translation:

Kinsei Family Motto

Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before the last leaf falls

Rep:
Level 88
yea, how did you do that? That's the ultimate resource. Share.

Rep:
Level 88
Paint....you know that defult program that windows always has when you first install windows what ever >.> that 95 ,96, 98, XP had...ya...that paint...^_^;;
Project
New project. The other dimention DND
RPG makers challenge http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13503.0.html

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
YOU FAIL BECAUSE VISTA ALSO HAS IT!

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
@Chiakumu, with scripts.

Here is a little part:

That character has now 5 images applied: skin, eyes, hair, top, bottom. It could also have head, shoes and extra.
ALL HAIL ME™