RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Death the Model

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
This is a 3d modeled version of this picture

Spoiler for:

I designed the mesh to be styled like my 2d art is, and used simple textures and it's a low-poly model, and it's cel-shaded for added awesomeness.  Hopefully we can get this guy into source.

Spoiler for:

I realize it's not as freaking amazing as garygill's work, but I'm proud of it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:20:40 PM by boe »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh you should be proud. I like this ;8

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Very slick. I like the almost cel-shaded/claymation look it has going. This would be very cool to see animated.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
That's awesome man!  The hands seem a little to big, but other than that I like it.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
At first, I thought you were making this guy:

but after seeing the 3D model, it definitely isn't and I definitely like the style that it's in for sure. Nice work Namkcor.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Very slick. I like the almost cel-shaded/claymation look it has going. This would be very cool to see animated.

lol it is cel-shaded, not just almost :p
We're rigging/animating this week.

That's awesome man!  The hands seem a little to big, but other than that I like it.

hands and head both, it's just how I drew the references, I wanted it to match my style.

At first, I thought you were making this guy:

http://static.minitokyo.net/view/41/45/99791.jpg

but after seeing the 3D model, it definitely isn't and I definitely like the style that it's in for sure. Nice work Namkcor.

thanks, and is he that one guy from Get Backers ?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
thanks, and is he that one guy from Get Backers ?

yep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I've gotten him animated.
Here's a short motion capture I applied to the rigging.

hands on the mocap didn't work (none of them did for anybody) so it's not my fault :|

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Not bad. That's really good animation. You have really nice follow through and secondary animation that happens beside the primary animation.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Not bad. That's really good animation. You have really nice follow through and secondary animation that happens beside the primary animation.

I'd be really flattered right now if I had made the animation instead of just adding a motion capture file to my skeleton. :p