RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fight Engine

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
If you're like me, you love beat-em-ups. More specifically, you love Final Fight. Nothing like getting Haggar to suplex some jackass street-punk, or using dean to smash Arby's face to a bloody pulp. Here's an example on how to recreate the good ol' days in Metro City.

http://files.filefront.com/Final_Fight_4gm6/;6780315;;/fileinfo.html

As far as I know, you don't need registered to run this thing.

(and it is still glitchy/unfinished. The enemy will NOT die, you CAN'T jump, and he WON'T fight back. He also won't fly most of the time on that last hit, and his life bar doesn't come up. I'll be adding mroe as I have time to do so, but for now this should be enough to teach you guys at least a little bit.)

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
The use of the program is pretty good, I wanted to make a game like this myself. This helped me, because I really don't understand all those weird things in the objects like how to make health.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 02:37:14 AM by bulls84 »

Rep:
Level 96
Bulls, comments like that are fine, but it would be appreciated if you explained WHY it was good. Posts like that don't help anyone to improve.

Rep:
Level 88
ooooh....a fighting game...that would be awesome. i gotta use this. i'll tell you what i think when i DL it and try it out.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'm dling now, I am hoping for great things.
EDIT: I like it very much, but try to use wasd keys instead of arrow keys because they are more universal, and full screen isnt always a good thing.  I don't really see any glitches, and I plan to make and expand upon this.  Thank you for the great example.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 09:24:21 PM by biohazard »

Rep:
Level 96
Well, I've actually been trying to figure out how to make them customizable, but I haven't devoted TOO much time to that yet. I only made it full screen because I always do that personally. ;D More often than not, my new projects end up being PS2 Controller Compatible.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Yeah, a great addition would also be combo moves, though I could probably figure that out myself.

Rep:
Level 96
Combo moves....I could probably do that. Maybe end with a special strike or something.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
wakka wakka wakka
great style and thanks for the data im lost at making this customizable stuff well there is just 1 other problem that i caught u kinda need to make ikt so wen u leave the screen that has the computer still there u cannot go back to him the screen won't move left

Rep:
Level 96
Right. The reason it does that is to imitate the sort of cage match effect the old games would give you. They will never wander too far off, and you can't go backwards through the stage. Why? Well, I dunno, I was just mimicking the style. ;D

Good eye though, that'll come in handy for your own stuff. ;D

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Did you ever play streets of rage? that was more fun than final fight I would say.

Rep:
Level 88
Did you ever play streets of rage? that was more fun than final fight I would say.

i would say marvel vs capcom 2 is better than both.
but hey, thats me...  ;8

Rep:
Level 96
That's a different style of game... -___-

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
brilliant game arrowone, just couldnt get the punch/kick controls ;-;
Arlen is hot.