RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Bushido - A Samurai Story

Rep:
Level 90
I have game maker's block PM me with game ideas.
Bushido - A Samurai Story
(Boo-she-doe)

Story

As a boy Kishibi was abandoned. He grew up on the streets,begging for food and money,getting beat up every day.Till one day a young man,maby 25 years old,saw him on the streets. The man offered to take him to his house and adopt him. As any orphan would do Kishibi accepted the offer,and became the man's adopted son. After about a year Kishibi's 'father' asked him if he was interested in swords. Kishibi told him he was obsessed with swords,and wished he could become a samurai. Kishibi's 'father' told him that he could become a samurai,but only if he swore to honor the way of the warrior(Bushido). Kishibi promised,and started his training almost imediately.
One day while Kishibi was training by him self he heard some ruckes(sp?) in the main hall of the house. He went to the main hall and found his 'father' lying on the floor slip in 2 at the waist. Kishibi ran to his father,tears streaming from his eyes. As he lay over his fathher's dead body,he looked up and saw two shadowy figures,walking our of his house. All he could see on one of them was a phoenix shaped burn scar.
From that day he promised to find his father's killers and destroy them.

Characters

Kishibi
Class: Samurai
Weapon of Choice: Katana,Wakizashi
Background: The main character of the story,his father was slain by 2 men,since that day Kishibi has sworn vengance on them.

Rina
Class: Ninja
Weapon of Choice: Kunai,Shuiken,Senbon Needles
Background:Born in a ninja village,Rina started her ninja trainng at a very young age.She offten Competes with Suzume for Kishibi's love.

Suzume
Class: Mage/Cleric
Weapon of Choice: Staves,Rods
Background: Born a a mage guild Suzume,is usually very quiet. That is untill she meets Kibishi and Rina. She often provokes fights over Kibishi with Rina.

Screen Shots:

Title Screen

Progress:
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 1%
Characters: [llllllllllllllllllll] 1%
Database: [llllllllllllllllllll] 5%
Animations: [llllllllllllllllllll 50% Complete I just need to add the sounds,and screen flashes
Maps: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Making in RM2K3
Need Spriters!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 08:41:36 PM by Red Eye Dragoon »
Major Project : Cliche Cronicles
Total: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Resources: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Script: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Voice Overs: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Currently: Planning

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Well if you're being all persnickity about the pronunciation of the title, it would probably be pronounced something more like "Bshido," 'cause u's are hardly accented in the Japanese language.  The emphasis is probably placed on the "do."

All that aside, the description is nice.  Why are samurai always driven by revenge?  Heh.  And as long as you pronounce "Rina" as "Lina" then I won't bother you with that...  Suzume sounds cool, too, although it's somewhat of a masculine-sounding name.

Good luck with this project, and I love the title screen, too!  HURRAY 2K3!!

Rep:
Level 90
heh,thanks

I dont really know why samurai's are driven for revenge...but hey,thats what happens in alot of samurai stories.

Edit: I really need someone to make character sets,battle character sets and Face Sets for me.
If you can help, PM me, that would be great.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 10:44:06 PM by Red Eye Dragoon »

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Bushido

Bu - shi - do

Bu - shee - do

Japanese doesn't put much stress on any parts of a word. That's one of the harder parts of speaking japanese.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 90
Yea,im slowly learning to speak japanese...its a real pain

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
pronunciation is the easy part

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Actually, yeah.  It's the emphasis that's hard.  I stick to my pronunciation, though, and I recommend that you do, too.

One more thing.
I dont really know why samurai's are driven for revenge...but hey,thats what happens in alot of samurai stories.
The plural of "samurai" is just "samurai."  Same goes for "ninja."  I can't stand people saying "omg i lurv ninjas" because that's wrong.  Though the apostrophe seems like the logical solution, really you only need to say "samurai."

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
As long as it's not just another cliché Japanese-based RPG.

Rep:
Level 90
As long as it's not just another cliché Japanese-based RPG.
It wont be,dont worry.

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
I think ninja owns sam-arrrrr-I
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.