RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
simple battle redesign [REQUEST]

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
<Front Battle Redesign>

Summary
<<What I'm looking for is a mix of a lufia battle view and the eye of the beholder battle view.  Here's screenshots of each http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_s4yaF0W2Dis/SNlURiaxFiI/AAAAAAAAHvM/AgO9vVAqyV0/s400/eye-of-the-beholder-pc-game-dosbox-1.JPG>> http://www.randomracket.com/images/lufia2-1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1252082052321

Features Desired
  • Typical front view battle system with character graphics (size 100x100) at the side.
  • the combat actions would still appear at the bottom of the screen.
  • when a character uses a spell or item, the list appears to the left of the action choices (atk, spell, etc.)
  • hp and mp bars to the left and right of the character image
  • an orb that changes color based on the characters turn (green it's their turn, red they've went, gray they're waiting).
  • there's an image behind the characters (in my mockup it's the stone).

Mockups

Games its been in
 since it's just a front view battle system with a redesigned look, it's in a ton of games. lufia, eye of the beholder, dragon quest, pokemon, etc.

What other scripts are you using?
at the moment no other scripts.  I'm planning on adding a cursor script though.

Did you search?
yes

Where did you search?
  • google
  • here
  • creationasylum

What did you search for?
  • battle system
  • eye of the beholder
  • lufia