RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Cut seen, what am I doing wrong?

Rep:
Level 87
Want's to write a compiler for fun
I made a cut seen as fallows:

Event 1:
Preconditions: none
Options: auto start

switch 001: = on
switch 002: = off

Event 2:
Preconditions: switch 001

Move event this event
  Move up
Ect.
switch 001: = off
switch 002: = on

Event 3:
Preconditions: switch 002

move event player
   move left
   Ect.
Move event event 1
   Move down
   Ect.
telaport
switch 002: = off

both event 1 and event 3 work fine by their own with out the switches except for the fact that the event keeps repeating itself
but with them event 1 isn't even there
so the problem is there what am I doing wrong?

shout I combine it all into one event? how do I make the repartition stop? please help!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 07:16:27 PM by Zeriab »
Time: if it was truly linear I wouldn't be here and the world would be knee deep in ashes.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Event 1 doesn't have anything in it... do you mean the graphic isn't? Does it have multiple pages?

Rep:
Level 87
oups sorry i ment event 2 works fine on it own, event 1 is there to trun event 2
Time: if it was truly linear I wouldn't be here and the world would be knee deep in ashes.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'm still a little foggy on what you are saying is not working.

From what I think I understand, Event 1 does not need to be there then. Just get rid of it altogether. Make a second page for Event 2, and make it completely blank with the condition that Self-Switch A needs to be on. Instead of turning switch 1 off and switch 2 on, just merge event 1 and 2. If you need one guy  to stop moving before the other guy starts, put a Wait for Move's Completion in there. Then, at the end of that turn on Self-Switch A. If you are using 2k3, just use a regular switch since self-switches don't exist.

And, if all that does not work, post the game project so I can see what you're doing a little better.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
yup, a wait right after the move event(equal to the amount of time the movement is done) and like Seamus said, event 1 doesn't need to be there
(by what i can see so far)
i could help you if you send me the game so i can see or if you add me on msn and talk about it directly.

Rep:
Level 87
Tk the local swich thing worked

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
add [Resolved] to the topic.