RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Cutscene

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
In RPG Maker XP, how do i make a cutscene?

[RESOLVED]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:36:56 AM by Zeriab »

Rep:
Level 87
Fighter: This is called a Random Encounter.
First hit the F8 Key, then Double Click somewhere on the Map. (This is where the Event will be.) Then, you will notice the word "Trigger" in the Bottom Left Area of the new Box that pops up. Basically, this means how the Event starts. As an Example, click the circle beside "Hero Touch". Now, in the big White Box to your right, click the "<>" at the top of it. A new box will appear with various options. For an Example, click "Message" in the new box, and an Input Box will appear. As another example, type "Hello." in it, then click OK. Now, set your Start Party Position beside the new Event by right clicking on the map and choosing "Set Starting Position". Now, test play your game and step on the tile where you placed the event, which will make the Text Box with "Hello." in it appear. Now, to make a Cutscene, just add more Text to the White Box in the Event Creation Box, like a conversation, and there's the Cutscene.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87

Rep:
Level 87
Fighter: This is called a Random Encounter.
Your welcome. If you have any problems with it, just tell me what happened and I'll see if I can resolve it.