RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Equipment Level-Requirments?

Rep:
Level 87
...I'M HUNGRY! Food plawks
Either I don't know what I'm talking about (more than likely, I will admit) or Rpg Maker XP doesn't come with a built-in feature for giving equips level requirements. I'm guessing theres a script for this? Seems odd, as this is basically an essential feature of any rpg...

If you have a script (or another solution) for it, pls post/link.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 05:34:12 PM by Yawgmothsbud »

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
The only types of rpg i have ever seen a lvl thing on are mmorpgs, namly ffxi. But I am sure there is a script somewhere.

Rep:
Level 87
Huh ? no no NO SCRIPTS
go to da classes thingy in the database

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
You can't set level requirements for armour and weapons in the database...

Rep:
Level 87
Well...you've been...helpful...

I'm truely amazed no one knows where to find this...are you implying that if you found the best armor in the any game early you could wear it at lvl 1?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
#1: Who is going to in their game make it possible to OBTAIN that armor in the start of the game?
#2: Events...
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That kind of makes sense to me. I've never understood why it would take skill to put armour on... In any case, if you don't want them to have that armour then don't give it to them. There are definitely scripts around for this, but you could just as easily do it with a common event. Make an armour that no classes can equip, and make one that the correct class can equip. Whenever you get the armour make it so it is the one no class can equip, and in your common event have
Code: [Select]
Conditional Branch: Armour(nonequippable) in Inventory
   Conditional Branch: Char Lvl is >= 10
       Remove Armour(nonequippable) from inventory
       Add Armour (equippable) to inventory
   Branch END
Branch END

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.