RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
We're not telling you to change your whole game. This is a thread about giving criticism on screenshots. If you have no desire to better your maps, don't post here.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
never said I didn't. as stated before I have already taken some of the feed back and applied it to new maps.

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03
never said I didn't. as stated before I have already taken some of the feed back and applied it to new maps.

It Was never nessacery for you to change your maps or take crap from any of theses people, you chose too.

They are right - If your maps confuse the hell out of me, i (among others) will discard it, because it is an RPGMaker game and they are a dime a dozen. Dont Change your mapping style because they said so, or for whatever crappy reason. Keep them all uniform, even if uniform is Cluttered.
And just because it worked else where doesn't mean you can pull it off.

That map looks really good, just sayin.
This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...

It Was never nessacery for you to change your maps or take crap from any of theses people, you chose too.

They are right - If your maps confuse the hell out of me, i (among others) will discard it, because it is an RPGMaker game and they are a dime a dozen. Dont Change your mapping style because they said so, or for whatever crappy reason. Keep them all uniform, even if uniform is Cluttered.
And just because it worked else where doesn't mean you can pull it off.

That map looks really good, just sayin.

can you just decide what you want to say?

I mean, you give reasons for him to change it, and give no concrete reason for him not to change it other than he shouldn't have to. I wanna say this: You make a game not for yourself, but the audience. If the audience thinks it should be changed pretty much uniformly, it should probably be changed.

That's like saying that Duke Nuken Forever is perfect as it is, people are just "hatin" on it because it isn't how they like it. Well, when it comes down to it, that may be right, but when it comes to video games, that is the whole point. You play them because they appeal to you, not because they confuse the heck outta ya or because the creator really liked how it turned out.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Master
Hey guys! I'm zach but call me Mango

Here's some of my maps. Feel free to criticize peepz!!

Spoiler for:

Here's my forest map.

Watch here and you get to see it in action! Don't forget to sub!  ;)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjTv7bWctbU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjTv7bWctbU</a>
Game topic coming soon!

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Its been a while since I was here.

@adrien: That's one great map, dude. Less cluttered than the forest one. I have to ask you though, is there a transfer event on the bottom middle part (the one with the flowers spread on the ground)? It looks like you can go there.

@mango:
For the first map, you did a great job with the lighting :D
But...something's off with the top of those pillars. There are little bits jutting out, are those supposed to be there?
For the map with the stairs. The huge statue is a nice touch and is that a dead chocobo I see on the stairs?
The forest map is awesome! The rain and the fog all add up to the creepy ambience. Great job!  :D
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:
Story: 96%
Maps: 4%
Characters: 70%

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Mango, your maps are great, but I can't help but feel that the characters don't really match up with them. The super-deformed, anime style sprites seem to be floating above your realist-styled maps. I know that its largely the fault of the engine itself, but I think some more drab colored, less deformed sprites would suit your style much better.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Mang0: I have a feeling that some of those tiles (pictures) clash, such as the statues overlaying the more cartoon based tiles, though it does fit together in some regards. The biggest problem is what Holk stated. Maybe even just recolouring your sprites to give it a more realistic look. I feel like a more darker toned version of these sprites would fit the bill.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Its been a while since I was here.

@adrien: That's one great map, dude. Less cluttered than the forest one. I have to ask you though, is there a transfer event on the bottom middle part (the one with the flowers spread on the ground)? It looks like you can go there.

Yes it is, you'll be able to press S on your keyboard to see arrows pointing the way out.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008

I have gotten rusty & sloppy ~

RMRK Master
@magic2345:
Yo, I've just edit the pillars from that map. It looks a lot better! Yes that's a dead chocobo on the stairs. There is going to be a lot of dead chocobo's in my game!

I'm trying to make my maps have a better atmosphere and realistic. Stay tune for more of my maps!

@Professor Holkeye:
I definitely agree with you! The sprites does seem a little off. I'll try and make my sprites have more realistic color on them. Thanks for the feedback and advice! :)

I'll figure something out! XD

@cozziekuns:
Thank you for the feedback. I'll shall recolor my sprites have more realistic color on them. You're not the only person who said about the statue. The statue does crashes but I'm still looking for a better statue to fit the map. Maybe I should recolor the statue and make it darker?

I'm so sorry for my bad grammar!
Game topic coming soon!

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Very nice work, Mango, but I have to agree that the character sprites don't fit with the style of the maps themselves. As well, the large statues in the second screenshot are too realistic. I would remove them myself.

Also of note, I absolutely love the mood and lighting in the first image. Really, really good work there, bro.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

RMRK Master
Here's another screenshot. You can download the tech demo here: http://www.mediafire.com/?0ny3815do1x5650

@Ryosis:
Thank you for the feedback. I'm still looking for a better statue that will fit with the map. What kind of sprites should I use or should I recolor the sprites to make it more realistic?

BTW do you guys like the pillars in the first image? You think I should change them or leave it?
Game topic coming soon!

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Something I was working on during this summer.

I wanted to show a video of it in action, but I could not find anyone to help me make it and my computer is too slow to record the effects.

I did not make the art for any of the cards and the reason everything is black with white borders is because I am not an artist and I suck at making hud designs (I just wanted to code a card game). If there's any artists out there who wants to make cards for a simple card game, let me know.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
This looks like a mix between Yu-Gi-Oh, Final Fantasy, and pure Epicness.

EDIT: And Pokemon. The card game. A little bit.

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
That looks so cool TDS. I want to know details. Finish it, then blow us away with how awesome it is,
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Rep:
Level 82
This is from a pirate-themed side-project that I'm working on: (VX)

I'm needing help with these 'broadwalks' :

As you can see, they look terribly plain. So what do you think I should put?

Rep:
Level 75
@TDS: Look great I will wait patiently for it to be finished.

@Zackpower4: Looks nice try adding more people or maybe some barrels or equipment for ship and things like that.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03

Im trying to come up with a decent set of light effects. But im not using any scripts so its a bit hard.
This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
To be honest, I dislike light effect scripts. While they do make it easier to toss in effects with ease, the misty or bloom style of lighting they provide irritates me. It always makes me ask : "Boy, is it misty in this town or something?"

( Misty or Bloom Night Lighting )

( Actual Night Lighting )

Also, unless there is a full moon, there will not be shadows as are currently displayed on that map. In fact, they would be different than before due to the different angles of light sources. Most tilesets are configured for sunny environments as well, and that can work heavily against trying to make a nighttime scene, even with proper lighting.

Anyway, I'm aiming heavily towards realism and slightly nit-picking, so I'll hush up and leave off by saying that there are other ways to offer lighting for your scene. You could easily have light streaming out from the windows of the house, as the windows should be lit. A little bit of blur and perhaps illuminate a bit of the ground and there you go.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Thanks for the comments everyone.

@strak: Pretty much spot on, it's a Card RPG. I am now reading more about the Pokemon card game.

@pacman: It's already done, there's just no art for the cards. I'm going to try and find someone to help with the art once one of my friends is not as busy to make the video.

@IAMFORTE: to it!

@CodeMaster: It's already done, just really depressing to work on when most cards look like this.

I wanted to reply sooner, but I really wanted to show it in video form since it's hard to show how it works with just pictures.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
A dilapidated city. Chars are two tiles tall.
Spoiler for:
:A few blocks (50% size):

:Inside a Convenience Store (100% size):

whaddya think? I'm making the tilesets as I go, using RTP as a base for some items that are needed generally and freeforming anything that I want...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 82
I think you need to have more to fill the space. Like junkyards and cars.