RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Not bad for you being a beginner. There's too much open space though.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
The Water looks pretty ~ Nice use of the Water fog there Zylos '3'd

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing

To Do:
  • Brainchild Defensive Release system,
  • Make missing, conditions and buffs work,
  • Sprite animations, background animations (maybe), finish status area,
  • EXP/CP/Cash/Items/Level Up display in results screen,
  • ... make turn flow not a rip off of The Legend of the Philosopher's Stone CR system.

HOORAY I MIGHT FINISH THIS EVENTED CBS

then i can dump it on you lot and you can mock my horrid damage algorithms I finished today

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
How's this looking?

Credits for the tileset go to Mark1707.
  - 

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
It's a nice map, but I think there's too much going on. It's hard to see the map itself amongst the foliage.
You might also try lightening up the pond just a tad.

Other than that, nice.

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Hey, all!  I fiddled with RMXP a while back, but never did much with it.  When a friend of mine started talking about a story idea, I thought it would be good to dust off RMXP again and try to get a little more serious with it.

I'm starting with a small interior area, then I'll start working my way to larger areas and exteriors.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
A church with an organ area in that spot would tend to be longer... Also, I don't really like the symmetry... But taht is just my opinion...

Also, the crucifix clashes heavily with the art style it is surrounded by...

The pillars, I noticed, are right in front of the benches that serve as pews... Since this is a church, there would be very little obstructing the view from the pews of the altar.

Hrm... I think that you should double the capacity of the church (that is, add another set of rows) and increase the size of the map by 5... I think if you made a custom Altar  by using the top of the grey marble walls (in the same area as the vine walls, earth walls, and flesh walls) and copy a bit of the grey marble side (about half the height) in your TileE (I did this on mine, and it looked nice, but you need both the left and right to make it look right...

Then, you can use that custom Altar in front of your preacher, rather than having a table behind them (it looks really nice with a coupla candles and a hymnal)

As a final note, the switch on the wall is too low... You are using XP, so it should be 1 square off the ground, or else it looks funny...

However, I'm loving the stained glass... I never had XP, so I don't know... Is that standard?
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

might i ask how you took and arranged that picture scanime? meaning none of the event squares and everything laid out like you were in the game but without your character. and yes, i believe that is one of the default in rmxp.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Yes, I realize that the trees in front of the church look out of place. I believe that it gives a nice contrast, though.

might i ask how you took and arranged that picture scanime? meaning none of the event squares and everything laid out like you were in the game but without your character. and yes, i believe that is one of the default in rmxp.

The character is in the screenshot. He probably print screened from the Playtest.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
It's very unique.

I think it's a bit bare, though. Try adding some rocks, plants, dead trees and other things around the place, maybe another (pot hole/dirt spot) to the right of the top left buildings section.

Here are some scenes from a game I created in Stencyl for a contest. The graphics were a quick job in Photoshop.

Spoiler for:

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 05:19:16 AM by Irock »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
That's interesting... what's the game about?

Rep:
Level 102
That's interesting... what's the game about?
Winter has just ended, and it's time for the trees to become green and full of life once again. You take control of a cloud, and your objective is to water all the trees on the screen until they're covered in leaves. You eventually run out of rain, so you'll have to hover over bodies of water to refill. Unfortunately for you and the trees, there are enemies that want to prevent the trees from greening up. They'll attack trees, and when the trees are attacked, they'll gradually lose leaves. You must defeat the enemies by either watering them or striking them with lightning, depending on the enemy. Once all trees are fully green, you'll move on to the next level.

A church with an organ area in that spot would tend to be longer... Also, I don't really like the symmetry... But taht is just my opinion...

Also, the crucifix clashes heavily with the art style it is surrounded by...

The pillars, I noticed, are right in front of the benches that serve as pews... Since this is a church, there would be very little obstructing the view from the pews of the altar.

Hrm... I think that you should double the capacity of the church (that is, add another set of rows) and increase the size of the map by 5... I think if you made a custom Altar  by using the top of the grey marble walls (in the same area as the vine walls, earth walls, and flesh walls) and copy a bit of the grey marble side (about half the height) in your TileE (I did this on mine, and it looked nice, but you need both the left and right to make it look right...

Then, you can use that custom Altar in front of your preacher, rather than having a table behind them (it looks really nice with a coupla candles and a hymnal)

As a final note, the switch on the wall is too low... You are using XP, so it should be 1 square off the ground, or else it looks funny...

However, I'm loving the stained glass... I never had XP, so I don't know... Is that standard?

Thanks for the input, Sashikinaroji!

The crucifix at the top is my own attempt at creating a tile from scratch.  It's pretty much a work in progress at this point, as you can clearly see.  ;D If I can't get it looking right, I'll probably just stick with a simpler cross.  Except for that, the candles along the side walls, and the elongated table at the front, every other tile is default RTP, including the stained glass.

The switch isn't supposed to be there... it was there while I was testing some events, but I'll make sure to remember to take it for the next version.

Like SirJackRex said, it's just a copy of screen while playtesting, using Alt-PrintScreen.  The sprite at the top is the character, although I suppose you could always create an event that set the character's opacity to 0 if you wanted to take a screen shot without the character appearing on it. 

I'll post a new version of the map later today!

So here's a newer version. A larger chapel, more pews (that aren't blocked by the pillars) and I moved the altar away from the far wall.  I added some light from the exit door as well.

Spoiler for:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
hahahaha, jesus.

Rep:
Level 81
Yo!
Just messing around with VX.
Spoiler for:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
That's incredibly good for VX maps. O.O

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

How can I improve this map? I already see that I can replace the locker in the upper mine area with a larger locker to fit the entire space.

I'm not too hot for the little town-square like thing either.

Rep:
Level 102
The grass needs more stuff spread around on it. Plain grass areas, as common as they are in real life, don't really look good in RPG Maker in my opinion.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Yeah, I kind of figured that, too.

I did fill in the wasteland/desert town, though. It looks much better; thank you for that!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Hmm. I know what you're doing with the cliff tiles around the edges of the water, but it would truly be a lot better if you could find something not RTP that you could use for cliff tiles like that. I may actually whip something up, if you're OK with that.

Actually, I'm almost done with it. I'll just post it here, then attach it to my tileset topic in the resource section. Just know I made these for you ;)

OK finished. It should be pretty self explanatory.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:00:38 PM by grafikal »

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Making curved stuff in VX was hard :(

Spoiler for:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Hmm. I know what you're doing with the cliff tiles around the edges of the water, but it would truly be a lot better if you could find something not RTP that you could use for cliff tiles like that. I may actually whip something up, if you're OK with that.

Actually, I'm almost done with it. I'll just post it here, then attach it to my tileset topic in the resource section. Just know I made these for you ;)

OK finished. It should be pretty self explanatory.

Thank you! I feel very honored. :)
I'm working those tiles in right now, and they look really good! I'm even going to line some rock/grass areas with that.

I'll post a screen a bit later.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I'm glad you like it. Here's something I whipped up really quick just now for a bit of an example.