RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Where do you people always find these wonderful character pictures? If the map wasn't beautiful enough as is, that message system just really catches my eye in coloring.

he's paying someone to draw them custom

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Spoiler for Frozen thundra wolves:

& Shadow has just killed me with that screenshot of his .___.

Extra new one:
Spoiler for Fortress's Caverns?:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
i love what you did with the connection between the cave wall and the brick wall, you did an awesome job blending the two together.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I agree, they blend together really well, that's awesome.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
The sad part is, I didn't do the cave wall + Brick add-on.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The light from the fire is off center. :X

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
andddd it's a little bright.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Isn't it suppose to be bright in a dark Cave with no windows and have torches to replace the windows? >__>;;;

x__x

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Actually, rather than the light and the map, I'm more concerned about the status bar.
They are a bit too... contrasting. Umm, I don't know the correct word, forgive my bad English. T_T But it just... It doesn't go along with the map. Maybe it's just me...

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Ah ~ the status bar / HUD is from Blizz-abs, just didn't felt like removing it in the occasion. :x

Soul-Reaver needs a bit of screen-time too.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Umm, to be specific, what I meant by the status bar is actually... the gradients.
Maybe better if translucent?
Sorry. >_<

I sense sarcasm in the Soul Reaver screenshot somehow.
BTW, no street lights? :3

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Umm, to be specific, what I meant by the status bar is actually... the gradients.
Maybe better if translucent?
Sorry. >_<

I sense sarcasm in the Soul Reaver screenshot somehow.
BTW, no street lights? :3

right, that's the default HUD for BlizzABS.
I also think it looks pretty ew, but it's functional *shrugs*

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
lol, comments :3

& yeah, you could say there's sarcasm in that screenshot in a way. :x Their relationship is quite 'awkward'

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Where did you get that tileset? It looks pretty interesting to map with. Is it possible to get a link to it?

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Truth be told, I seriously don't remember.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Kupo!
Kupopo!

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
You're really getting a kick out of that kupoop thing, aren't you, Kupo? Oh, and if I may suggest, try using the thinner trees and maybe a few more patches of flowers/bushes. I like what you did with the changing terrain, though :)

Anyway, which one of these looks better?

Spoiler for Fog:

Spoiler for No Fog:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
are you able to have fogs with texture? cause just a flat transparency like that is pretty annoying. It's like turning up the brightness of an image without fixing the contrast and saturation.

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah, I've been looking for that. It's like I spilled a vanilla milkshake all over the screen, and I need something more like what Shadow did in that one pic about 14 posts down. Meh, I'll find a way around it.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
You could show it as a picture, perhaps.

You can center the pic with this kind of algorithm: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,32222.0.html
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 03:39:11 PM by modern algebra »

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Kupo!
I like the one with the fog cause it makes the dungeon more creepier.
Kupo?
Kupopo!

Rep:
Level 86
Hah, I didn't even think to try pictures. Well then, I'll give that a shot and see what I come up with. I mean, the fog that comes with 2k3 does move, but it's so slow that you can hardly tell.

Rep:
Level 86
Ok, that whole fog thing is turning out to be more trouble than it's worth at the moment, so I'll get back to that later. In the mean time, here's half of a mountain-y area.

Spoiler for Wow, that's a huge picture!:

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
How About this? ;D

Dunno if the ambience is okay..
Critique?
  - 

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
The small little trees looks a bit out of place in the stairs for me, .___.;; But other than that, Nice Map, a bit cluthered but nice, add a Fog and it'll be gorgeous! <3