RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Neither do I. Your maps are always gorgeous, Shadow.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Spoiler for:

Credit to Deathlock for the Hair of the girl in the first screenshot.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
They look nice, Caro.

The people of Peridan don't fuck around when it comes to monetary stakes for their card games, even if the dealer is a little kid who's standing on top of the table.

WTF, is that the same little kid working the bar? How? What?
Also, lol reference.

Yo Kyle, that's racist, man.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
"let's kick their green arses!"

indeed Kyle.

Your maps look great, i can't see any tiling errors, although when it comes to the pianist, the random carpet seems out of place: maybe make a small elevated area for the piano? the carpet doesn't look quite right in the first screenshot either, but it's not really a huge problem. it only nags weirdos like myself  ;8

oh yes, and the piano is in scary proximity to the furnace or wood stove or whatever - OH NOES D=

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Most Attractive Female Member
They look nice, Caro.

The people of Peridan don't fuck around when it comes to monetary stakes for their card games, even if the dealer is a little kid who's standing on top of the table.

WTF, is that the same little kid working the bar? How? What?
Also, lol reference.

Yo Kyle, that's racist, man.

Big rooms are way too big. Need to pack a lunch to treck to the bathroom man.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I would disagree, big rooms are only a real problem when you walk and there's nothing but repetitive tiles or walls or whatever. Dertt appears to have filled them rather well, and for those scenarios a hugegantic room is realistic

EDIT: .
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 02:20:42 AM by KitKatKan .-. »

Rep:
Level 84
why would anyone want to gamble somewhere thats showing off all that money. gives impression they rip people off or win most times. but cool pics

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Some screen shots of the battle system I created for my game.

Phase 1

Here you basically choose to fight, move or escape from the current battle.

Phase 2

On this phase you choose to attack or use skills, maybe defend or simply just use an item.

Skills & Items

The item window is very similar to the skill window so I saved on space and only will show the skill window. Here you choose which skills you will use.

Targetting

For targetting an X will appear below the active character marking them as active, but also a window so you can see who you are targetting.

And a small video for anyone who wants to see it in action.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That battle system looks awesome TDS. The only suggestion I have is that instead of stretching the icons to show in the big window, it might be a good idea to make larger icons and use them instead, because the stretched ones do look very pixellated. Also, the small trees and things look a little awkward with those big actors.

What function does moving serve in your battle system? It didn't look like things needed to be beside each other to attack.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
That's just... so awesome! 10/10

Also like Modern said:
What function does moving serve in your battle system? It didn't look like things needed to be beside each other to attack.

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
The small trees were part of the beta phase of the battle system which originally intended to have more squares to allow a more tactical approach. I will change them if feedback is too negative about them.

As for the icons, I've been slowly learning pixel art to try and make icons and characters be of the correct size instead of having a script stretch them, but so far I've been unable to successfully learn how to make good pixel art.

And as for the moving function since the enemies don't seem to move in the video at all because the battles were restarted too often which makes it seem unnecessary, but it work by making the battle system both tactical and a quick frontal battle system.

How it works it's very simple, depending from your distance away or towards the target the character attributes are enhanced. The closer you are to your opponent the harder you hit him, but in return he can hit you very hard too. And the farther you from your opponent the more likely attacks will miss or hit for less damage, Also being in the same line as your opponent increases the chance of critical hits.

You can also protect other characters by placing yourself in front of them to lower the damage they receive and also raise the enmity(hate) towards the character defending which makes it more likely for an enemy to keep attacking that character instead of the weaker ones.

The above is the same for enemies as they can move and protect each other.

There are many other factors involved in the movement during battle such as stamina, weather, fields, field hazards(traps), etc. These factors add some depths to battles, but are not completely mandatory to use since there is no need to move next to the opponent to attack, making the battle work both as a normal turn battle system and adding some tactical aspects for people who want some more complexity during battle. And of course using the tactical aspect will make battles far more easier and interesting than standing in the same spot attacking through the whole game.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
that's pretty damn cool.

and it looks brilliant.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
TDS, that is pretty awesome.

Anyway...

Someday, I'll stop posting random maps and actually make a project. I've actually been thinking about making some map packs. I might get around to it eventually.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Boredom  :-X

Also nice work as always TDS :>

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
D: Guess been bored does pays well for you Nessiah~

Day~
Spoiler for:
Night~
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 89
10/10 Those are great!  ;8

Better get practicing.  :-\

Rep:
Level 85
Real Men Make Fan Games
Project of the Month winner for May 2009
Did this one today as my pre-game warmup (I always make a map before I start mapping for my game).  I kinda like it, might end up in the game after all.

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Wow, that's a fantastic map madriel. 1000 / 10

@revo ~ nice map. Some of the spacing on the map is a little awkward - like on the left side of the map outside the fence there is not a bare spot. Also, given that this is a settled area, the prevalence of nature is a little awkward. And the clothesline is really far away from the house and inside a little wood. Every time you go to put up the clothes you have to or get water there's an obstacle course.

@Knight Rider - solid map, but I would put a little more gradation variance in the cliffs. I think it looks nice to throw in small ones that jut out ~ kind of like the one in the centre of madriel's map

Rep:
Level 89
@madrel that's a great map 10/10

@Modern - Thank you. I have made a improvement on that map and I think I did great on it. Here it is.:

- yes, there are some mapping error that I forgot to remove but photobucket is acting strange today so I can't upload the new one. :/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:59:42 PM by Knight Rider »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys

F*cking Die Already Zombie!

Running like a Wh*re in the middle of the night?! IT'S TOO DARK, BUT I DON'T WANT THOSE TREEMEN To RAEP ME! HALP! (Too much Tint & Fog >___>;;; )

Same amount of Tint as the Above, but, without the Fog . . . interesting, isn't it?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
i fkn love you caro. yeah but um... i totally can't see anything in that second shot...i mean..well... i think i see some treeeees and some dirt...but..that's about it.

Other than thatttt, i love everything else.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys

I'm beginning to get an Idea for a steady game . . . . In here, using Legacyblade's new sprite monsters Called Bloodlust Soldiers. And, they really do the job for what I want >.>;;; Super hardcore defeating monsters.

Rep:
Level 89
i fkn love you caro. yeah but um... i totally can't see anything in that second shot...i mean..well... i think i see some treeeees and some dirt...but..that's about it.

Other than thatttt, i love everything else.

What he said. Also those Bloodlust Soldiers looks fkn awesome!

Rep:
Level 97
@madrel that's a great map 10/10

@Modern - Thank you. I have made a improvement on that map and I think I did great on it. Here it is.:

- yes, there are some mapping error that I forgot to remove but photobucket is acting strange today so I can't upload the new one. :/

Great improvement.

Also, out of curiosity, when did fkn become a popular abbreviation? I age a little and already I'm losing a grip on the fads~

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 :tpg:

Spoiler for School Invasion Finale:

Someone doesn't look good with that tint. -.-