RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Passage to Other World: Journey of Lost Souls-TWO DEMOS AVALIABLE

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
EDITS HERE

LATEST NEWS: No more demos will be avaliable. The next release will be the main game, hopefully in February.

Spoiler for Demo's Here(click to show links):
The demo is now avaliable: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q2KI62GV Any problems, just tell me.

Demo with Battle Arena: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W2BCQ6WY

Battle Arena

I have added a Battle Arena to my main menu. Now, you can access the mini-game Battle Arena. You can do this whenever you want, even if you haven't played the main game yet.

Spoiler for Battle Arena Scrennies:

Im new to the boards and saw this place. As I'm making an RPG, obviously, I decided to post it here.

Its about five people who become trapped in something known as the "Other World". There only hope of escape is to remember where they come from and defeat King Doom, the evil King of Other World. I'll also post more info when I come up with some good names for my characters. At the moment, there named after people I know. 

I'll get screenshots and stuff when I get more done.

Tell me what you think.

Edit, 7/12/06:

The demo is coming along way. It will be out next week!

Spoiler for Screenshots:

The below is from the main game:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 04:38:49 PM by nevfx »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
well, In order to tell you waht we think we would have to base our opnion on about 4 lines of info...so IMO looks nice, as long as you can add some great story line to it
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Ok. I'll get more on in about 45 mins.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Here is some more info on the game.

Characters

Nathan
Class: Sword Master
Weapon: Sword
Monster Form: Bird
Description: A boy who travels with his friends, Chris and Andrew. Has no knowledge he does not belong in this world, and does not accept it quickly. While in his monster form, he is a savage bird that attacks from the sky.

Chris
Class: Spear Expert
Weapon: Spear
Monster Form: Demon
Description: Travels with his friends. He has no knowledge of his true world, but accepts it almost instantly. He becomes an uncontrollable demon when a monster.

Andrew
Class: Mage
Monster Form: Aquatic
Description: Travels with Nathan and Chris. Is to arrogant to accept his true purpose and world. He is a leviathan when transformed, and gains incredible magical attacks.

There just the main characters.

Screenshots

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.

Characters

Jamie
Class: Axe Master
Monster Form: Angel
Description: One of the two charatcers that were sent into Other World incorrectly, and therefore, is aware of where he truly belongs. He can turn into a Angel through his monster transformation, and was the first to transform

Tom
Class: Gunner
Monster Form: Dragon
Description: The other one who was sent into Other World incorrectly. He transforms second, and is a mighty dragon. He is fully aware of the Real World, and is, apart from Nathan, the only one who keeps any self-control during transformation.

Story

It was a normal day. Each of our hero's is living there lives, completley unaware of the upcoming events. Suddenly, a gigantic dark hole appears before each of them, and they get sucked in.

Each appear on a small island called the Altar of Destiny. They are quickly rushed through game controls and background info( you acually only spend a total of five minutes at the Altar), and are sent on there way. Nathan awakes in by a large tent, and is filled with unfamiliar memories....

Extra Information
  • You witness the black hole later in the game.
    You can also control a monster party at certain points during the game.

I've got one more screen:

So, what you think?

EDIT 1/12/06:

Monster Team

Wood Guardian
Weapon: Monster Claws
Special Attack: Angered Wood
Starting HP: 5000
Description: A monster that aimlessly wandered his wood, killing all who dared enter. He's only allies were the monsters in his wood, and they are, except for a certain Swamp Core, the only monsters he has become friends with.

Swamp Core
Weapon: Monster Fangs
Special Attack: Swamps Angry!!
Starting HP: 4500
Description: A monster who the main party acually fight, he was being controlled by his own creation(more on that later), and only when the party beat him does he come to his senses. He owns a shop, and sells rare items. He is a good friend of the Wood Guardian, he is called Core for short.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 07:04:30 PM by nevfx »

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
The map needs work, but I can make you somethin good =)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
mapping as mentioned..needs work..mainly in the feeling of them..its sorta empty, and a good thing to do is not to post the new info in a new post but to actaully edit your first post and add the screenshots/ character info there.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Ok, any updates will be put in the fouth post, as there is already is more info there.

@Nikolai: I'm going to take that offer, help. Please. :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 04:58:42 PM by nevfx »

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
Ok, *gets to work on Castle exterior*

EDIT: Ok, I've attached the map pic to this post.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 04:59:35 PM by Nikolai »

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry to ask, but how do I acually use it and get it onto my game?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 10:05:46 PM by nevfx »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
you don't really. He has posted a screenshot of how he made it, use it as a guide...unless you actaully want him to transfer his game folder to you, and then you copy and paste the map into your game.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
here, this is how I would fix nik's map:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Good details nev, and blizzard, awsome map.

WEll Good Luck with your game i guess.
Arlen is hot.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Good details nev, and blizzard, awsome map.

HAHAAHHAH nightworlf.....Blizz never posted a map here?

you got nik confused with blizz...he is using blixx's old avy  ;D

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
When I see Nicky's posts I think "WTF?! When did I say that? ... Oh yeah... right..."

:=

lol @ blixx
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
lol, thanks for the feedback.

@Nouman6: Now, how do i use that map?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
you have to re-create it  ;D

Lol, its like I show you how it looks, then you make it similar or the same as my example.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
OH! Now I get it.
I'll give it a go.

EDIT: Grr...I can't do it. I cant get the castle right, I'm getting agitated.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 10:19:27 PM by nevfx »

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I'd normally put this on post 4, but its to much of an important update to just put in a post people may not see.

Demo Update
I've got very far in the demo now, so I'll more than likely going to be out by next week. Good news, eh? Check this post for more info.

The demo has two sections. One from near the begginning, and one near the end. Don't worry, they give barley anything away, and theres not even all the info in there that'll be in the main game. More soon.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
tip:

Add all new updates to the first post, screenshots, character info.. But then add a new post to the topic saying what you have added.

You want your first post to be BOOOM amazing. Because well, its the first post people see when they enter the topic.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
A few I would do differently:-

The Barrels to the side of the house I would have placed them indivually using the paint brush tool rather than the drag rectangle, as some time you get clipping like the top barrel...

I would add dark grass area's around the building to make it look like shadow... same on path edges etc... I would make things uniform in Castle like area's...

See Nouman6's Tutorials:- http://theforge.myfastforum.org/forum5.php

They are pretty fricken good, I bet he nocked that image up above in about 15mins...

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Ok, thanks for the advice.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
There is an update on the first page.

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
Problem, the forth barrel next to the house only has a top, no bottom ?
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Oh, yeah, I never noticed that!