RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[ABANDONED] Legion

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Well, Ive decided to somewhat scrap this, some of the enemies and characters and such will remain, most of the resources will

Spoiler for:
The Revarian Empire rules the world, but there not your enemy. In fact, they are considered great rulers even if they have some very restrictive laws.You are Alex, a Farmer, Age 18 with dead parents. You live on an isolated stretch of land known as "Frontear". They call the place you live "Frontear Town" even if only you and the friendly farmer next door live there. There is a gate to the world beyond however only someone with a Trader's License may pass(thats one of the Empires more restrictive laws)They dont need two farmers and with only a man twice your age for company you decide to split. After being properly equipped you head to the north where an old book says you can exit the Frontier. So you eventually escape after making it out of the Vortecks Underground(the only way) just barely. More bad news when you learn that an ocean is still in your way. But of course you finally get to your destination, Capital City Revaria. Since your already somewhat of a warrior because of your experience getting there some soldiers give you a job. After that you gain an audience with the king but of course a strange group called The Ultima Uprising has tooken over by the time you get there. And it only gets worse when you learn the Ultima Uprising is just a part of the larger and more sinister Chaos Organization and it gets very very bad when you learn the Chaos Organization is working for the worst possible person. I wont spoil anything though.

Spoiler for:

Name: Alex Sable
Class: Hero

Dante Morcino
Class: Dragonslayer

Salex Fortun
Class: Theif

Cloakus
Class: Theif

Robert Smite
Class: Dragoon

Marco Fabler
Class: Mage

Eltzer Azian
Class: Assassin

Spoiler for:

The Normal system with adjustments

Spoiler for:
The New Frontear Grassland, recently stormed by tourists

The New Frontear Town, your humble little piece of hell

Your House, very bland because you can either decorate or sell it

The updated and infinitely better Frontear Woods. Home to little pests

Lake Fontaine. Sadly no fish.

The Theifs Hideout. Optional Mini-Dungeon

Spoiler for:
I went in and cut some scripts. I had to many I didnt need to be honest
UMS by Ccoa
Map Location by Hunter X
Sprint by Unknown
Damage Limit by Synthesize
Enemy and Player Ambush by Sandgolem
Miss Sound by sandgolem
Tiny Overworld Sprites by Unknown
Animated Save File by sandgolem
8 Way Movement by cogwheel(?)
Ring Menu by Dubealex
Bestiary(and Cold Module) by Cold Strong
Alchemy(Crafting) by Mr. Wiggles
Achievments by Game_Guy
Mission Script by Leon

Spoiler for:
Well I have no idea who did all the resources or some of the scripts in fact I have no idea who did some of the custom resources so yeah once its out and you see any resources or scripts you made contact me and i'll ad ya in.
Irock for some resources
Nouman for some resources
Blizzard for some resources
BurningFetus for some resources
Naramura for a shitload of resources
RPG Maker VX for some battlers
Zylos for helping me with some stuff.
Myself for coming up with the concept and making the whole game by myself aside from resources and such
-------------Demo Releases---------------
v0.01 coming soon
For Legion updates, visit:
http://www.legionrmxp.blogspot.com/
For Legion Spoilers, visit:
http://www.legionspoilers.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:26:46 PM by DylanMachinima »

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
You should modify the houses so that they don't look EXACTLY the same. Also, add some more scenery, vegetation in some areas, it's quite empty.
I like the story though, seems interesting.

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Yeah I know about my mapping, its not exactly the best but i am practicing to be better and i'll probably edit the maps in the future. And thanks for the input

Rep:
Level 76
MEC Team Lead
I think the underground is looking spiffy! It might be cool to add a few lighting effects though. And, out of curiosity, will you be using the RTP in the final version? Or will you end up using custom artwork?

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Some RTPS mixed with some custom stuff but this game isnt going to be project of the month, just a little hobby project. I personally see nothing wrong with most of the tilesets besides them being labeled as RTP. Anyway most, if not all Battlers will be custom but of course most credit goes to Naramura and RMVX with a couple others
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 08:31:06 PM by DylansGamez »

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
Read some mapping tutorials, it will help you.
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Read some mapping tutorials, it will help you.

This.
Your maps need a lot of work.

The story seems kinda bland too, you mentioned it seems cliche up to a point, but the whole story summary itself just looks like a rehash of RPG cliche that have been overdone for years.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
@NAMKCOR
Yes, yes it does look like cliche
But no, no its not. Im going out of my way to stop that and i know some of em are inevitable
Yes mapping is i wouldnt go as far as to say horrid put its pretty bad
Ive watched tutorials and read tutorials but practice makes perfect
Im not good at writting storys as in writing them out for you people to see. But I got a got a much better summary of it in my head. im not trying to make excuses. This isnt going to be revolutionary and be the best game ever made in RMXP. Im not sure i said it but its a hobby project. And im putting effort into it. And i like criticsm cus it helps me improve even if you said what everyone else already did =3
EDIT: Omfg, farmboy wants to go to big city equals direct Twilight Princess ripoff. Mustve done it subconcisely or whatever. Going to have to change or at least twist that around

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
IMO the maps are worse than just 'pretty bad' but I've seen worse, so I suppose horrid doesn't define them.

I lack an understanding as to how you're going to take that story summary and make it seem not cliche in your execution, but more power to you I guess.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Basically its going to be somewhat cliche but not like a raging clusterfuck of cliche. How im doing this is that i cant properly i dont know tell it to you guys. However you can judge its cliche value when its(if its) released

Rep:
Level 84
Basically its going to be somewhat cliche but not like a raging clusterfuck of cliche. How im doing this is that i cant properly i dont know tell it to you guys. However you can judge its cliche value when its(if its) released
If it will ever be released...Gl...

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Whadafuck does Gl mean?
And you never know..i could be 99% done and just say "fuck it" and delete all my hard work to the bowels of internet Hell
you never know

Rep:
Level 84
True, thats why i said, if it will ever be released. GL=Good luck...

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
BIG UPDATE:
All old maps were scrapped and news ones have been started. The entire beginning of the game has been revamped. I also implemented a new feature, its kinda like Karma from Fallout 3 but without values. Its very simple. At times you may be given a choice. The choices could be Positive, Neutral, or Negative. Whatever you choose will affect your future. If you dont choose, nothing will happen. Its rather simple since all it requires is basic switches and (maybe) variables
EDIT: Since this news didnt deserve another post.....
The name has been changed but thats obvious. Also the layout has been changed to be more prettyful so now its got a bunch more pictures. Also im going to rewrite the whole story summary
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 09:49:02 PM by DylanMachinima »

Rep:
Level 84
Looks better now...But, i really think you should improve your mapping...It makes me feel that i won't play it only because of the maps =(

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
@DarkGamer
Why you stupid mother---Just kidding =)
Well I have watched and read several tutorials but.....None of them seem to pertain to what I want to make =(
At least they have improved ever so slightly....

Rep:
Level 84
just trying to help actually. I think you would have more people playing the game. If you come insulting, then, i'm out. sorry if i said anything wrong, rlly.

The limits of the outside maps should be made...And the house could be smaller, without so empty space...You could add more of the limit tileset.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 01:22:14 AM by DarkGamer »

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
I said just kidding!!!
What do ya mean by "limits of the outside maps"?
whats the limit tileset?

Rep:
Level 84
Maybe you should make your maps smaller, and more detailed. I'm not good at mapping, but at least, i think i am not that bad also, and you might learn something...

(Do smaller maps, and not so many empty space. Also, add border tileset, so it doesn't seem like you can change map by going in any direction.)

Here it is something made fast up , only to give some example, of something that should look at least alright...

Actually, my interior is also way empty, but with 1 or 2 NPCS around would make it good thought...

This forest map, i think it gets prettier, than, big map, with 5 trees, alot of empty space.

That's some tips thought...Anything i can help, i try to do.
Hope i could be usefully

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Not really liken the house....looks kinda empty....but who am i to talk?
The woods look good tho..Mine are very unntral imo. I think I will change them

Rep:
Level 84
Wahaha, don't compare the emptiness o.0

Still, make smaller maps if you don't have enough to fill them up. And, yeah, try some forest mapping ;D

.!.

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Thing bout the woods is, I didn't want them to densly populated with trees, since its just woods. Still im gonna try and make it better

Rep:
Level 76
A local spriter.
Sorry man the maps are very discouraging, I could help you with mapping if you want...

I heard a joke once.
A man goes to the doctor and says he can't get over a great depression.
Doctor says, the Great Clown Poliauchi is in town, go see him and you'll feel better!
But Doctor! He says, I am Poliauchi. Funny huh?
Then everybody laughs and the curtains close.

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
SMALL UPDATE-----
The demo is almost finished! Just need to add a few finishing touches to the Theifs Hideout. The demo will include part of the beginning, and the Theifs Hideout Mini-Dungeon. The lastest the final demo will go is to where you leave the continent of Frontear. In other news, the Frontear Woods were completely redone and made much better!

Rep:
Level 84
woods looks way better. still, in middle or something, you could also add some of the sprite that you use on the limits, that shows that there are an aglomerate of trees, not only at the limit of the map, but also in some middle places. you get what i mean? but yes, better than ur first :D