RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Need help.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Im new to it and i cant figure out how to put villagers and other people on the map. Sooo, can anyone tell me?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
DONT MAKE 2 help topics put all in 1.

and even if you make 2
plz dont make them have the same question, it will make your rep go down
Arlen is hot.

All right, this is some pretty BASIC stuff...
But we are here to help ey?

FOLLOW THE PROCEDURE:

1. Go to the Event Layer, (there are four button - 1st lay, 2nd lay, 3rd lay & Event Layer)
2. Right Click On A Square Where You Want To Put It
3. Select "New Event" from the dropdown
4. on the left you will see a white box titled GRAPHIC and beside it MOVEMENT PATTERN

5. Set MOVEMENT PATTERN to RANDOM or FOLLOW HERO if you want to make some annoying NPC that follows your hero.

6. Set SPEED to whatever you like - do not use slowest because they will move like they are 120 year old NPC'S :)

7. Set Frequency to HIGH or HIGHER

8. Below you should see TRIGGER , set it to PARRALEL PROCESS

9. Select a GRAPHIC for your NPC by double-clicking the white box

10. Tick the MOVE ANIMATION box ---

That is it. You now have an NPC that will wander around, doing nothing in particular.

If you want, i can give you a tutorial on making NPC like birds and such stuff, it is pretty easy...

P.S. I'm using RPG Maker XP - Postality Knights Edition Enhanced, but i believe the interface is the same, if you have any problems contact me- Phil.

---------

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Athon Amon, wow sweet reply, but this question was already awnsered. The user had double posted check out his second post..it was awnsered:

http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=5263.0
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Yeah figured it later, d'mit, d'mn newbies...  >:(  wait !  ??? I'm a newbie too...  :-\ d'mit!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
lol, but your already startting to help people, thats SWEET.

Thanx, it's FUN !

p.s. a question - instead of posting and taking the much needed HD space -
would you know of anyone who has problems with RPG XP Postality Knights Ed. ?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I'm not too sure, I perfer the normal version since most people in scripts/tuts refer to the normal one

Yeah, guess i'l have to recheck bound and switch to the Normal Version, cause the Postality Edition ENH. simply blocks, missuses memory and returns Criticals, who knows... Thnx Anyway.. Cya

P.S. If you need dialogues for your RPG, feel free to contact, i'm not working for the next 3 months so i have a lot of free time...  ;)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Yeah, guess i'l have to recheck bound and switch to the Normal Version, cause the Postality Edition ENH. simply blocks, missuses memory and returns Criticals, who knows... Thnx Anyway.. Cya

P.S. If you need dialogues for your RPG, feel free to contact, i'm not working for the next 3 months so i have a lot of free time...  ;)

thanks for the offer! I will check and if so, will get back to you...problem is the game in on hold till my partner comes back.

Whoosh, must be a large one if you have a partner - hope we see it soon !  :) Godspeed!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Whoosh, must be a large one if you have a partner - hope we see it soon !  :) Godspeed!

I hope it works out:

http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=4568.0