RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to put different monsters in different parts of the map

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
I know millions of people have asked this question, but I couldn't find an answer. How do I put different monsters in different parts of the map? I have a snowy part of the map in my game, and I dont think that swamp alligators would live there! :P
[Edit] Thanks guys! But, I have another question. I have a skill that I made. It uses 25 mp. My character has 58 mp. His mp bar is full, but the game won't let me use the skill! Any help? The skill increases your defence, completely heals you, and makes you dodge attacks easier.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 04:10:03 PM by Darkriku-12 »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I don't use RPG Maker 2k3, but, if possible you could have a detection for your tileset (chipset in 2k3) and its priority of each tile and change the squads in that manner.

I don't really know; It might not exist (that function). If you want something like that, one of the newer makers might be worth giving a shot?

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash

That should do the trick. Set up a boundary around your snowy area (If it's not a square like that, make a couple areas with the same monsters as you see fit), and so on.

That should do the trick. Set up a boundary around your snowy area (If it's not a square like that, make a couple areas with the same monsters as you see fit), and so on.
Thanks!   ;D That helps alot!

Rep:
Level 86
Is the skill gray, or not there at all?

If it isn't there, then you have it set under the wrong skill subset. Where it says 'Type,' it should say normal.

If it's gray, post a picture of your skill tab so I can take a look.

Is the skill gray, or not there at all?

If it isn't there, then you have it set under the wrong skill subset. Where it says 'Type,' it should say normal.

If it's gray, post a picture of your skill tab so I can take a look.

It's grey.

and how do you post a picture here? I'm really sorry. It's just I'm new to the forums. :-\

Rep:
Level 86
You have to take a screen capture (the Prt Scr/SysRQ button next to scroll lock), paste it in paint, crop it, and upload it to imageshack or whatever sharing site you use.

You have to take a screen capture (the Prt Scr/SysRQ button next to scroll lock), paste it in paint, crop it, and upload it to imageshack or whatever sharing site you use.

http://img58.imageshack.us/i/inactiveskill.png/

I tried it again, but a little red X came up in the preview, so I'm just posting a link to the picture.

Rep:
Level 86

Check that box.

Thanks! It works perfectly now!

Rep:
Level 86
No problem. Make sure you add a [Resolved] tag to your original topic title.