RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] I got a new Silent Guitar, so I went working.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I bought a Silent Guitar yesterday (sort of like a digital guitar), so I went to transfer my own scores into mp3s  ;D
It kinda works like a midi keyboard but different. Here's the most recent piece

The theme was "Worn-Out Desert, one that tried and failed."
Weird. Comments very much appreciated! :lol:

Shadow of the Sun (1.25 MB)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:06:38 AM by irock »
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 85
 Whoa, a guitar waltz!
 I am reminded of all of the old classical guitar CDs that I have- very moving arrangements. And yours is no less evocative of emotion. I also must say that the few instances of guitar slides you have in your song are quite convincing. If you did it in midi, then my hat's off to you- I could never figure out how to make slides in midi that didn't sound terrible.
 I also like the progressions that you use. The entire piece is very flowing and pleasant to listen to; a little melancholy, and little hopeful, and a whole lot more. It sort of reminds me of ICO.
 Finally, perhaps it's just me, but it seems as though this song conjures up images of open fields or Romany villages rather than a desert. By "one that tried and failed", were you referring to the song failing to capture the spirit of a desert? Or did the desert, itself, try and fail?...if that makes any sense.
Oh, it's so close, oh so close! The next one in December, maybe? Perhaps so...more than that, you say? Do tell!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I thought it was pretty good. Nice job Leventhan.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Pretty sweet, despite being named after an Audioslave song.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Whoa, a guitar waltz!
 I am reminded of all of the old classical guitar CDs that I have- very moving arrangements. And yours is no less evocative of emotion. I also must say that the few instances of guitar slides you have in your song are quite convincing. If you did it in midi, then my hat's off to you- I could never figure out how to make slides in midi that didn't sound terrible.
 I also like the progressions that you use. The entire piece is very flowing and pleasant to listen to; a little melancholy, and little hopeful, and a whole lot more. It sort of reminds me of ICO.
 Finally, perhaps it's just me, but it seems as though this song conjures up images of open fields or Romany villages rather than a desert. By "one that tried and failed", were you referring to the song failing to capture the spirit of a desert? Or did the desert, itself, try and fail?...if that makes any sense.
Thank you for al the comments, Tarranon. :3
Um, well I made it for the background music for a desert village of sorts....so yeah I was trying to capture the spirit of a desert.
The desert village always strives to survive, since years past and for years to come.

By the way what is ICO? ?_?

I thought it was pretty good. Nice job Leventhan.
Thank you MAII <3

Pretty sweet, despite being named after an Audioslave song.
Yay, thanks Marlin!

EDIT:
Oh, and the process to transfer it into mp3 is to actually play the thing yourself. So yeah, I played nearly the whole song setting aside some mistakes that I eventually edited... ;8
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 03:36:44 AM by Leviathan »

Rep:
Level 85
 ICO is, perhaps, one of the most under-appreciated games of our generation. It's awesomeness simply cannot be measured in words...maybe because there's hardly any talking in the game...but that's beside the point! It excels at telling a story with minimal dialogue and breathtaking visual artistry. It's not that long, and you can probably pick it up in the bargain bin at any game store for cheap, so you definitely owe it to yourself to play it.
 And after you play it, you can play Shadow of the Colossus- it's sequel which is no less awesome and even prettier to look at!
Oh, it's so close, oh so close! The next one in December, maybe? Perhaps so...more than that, you say? Do tell!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Ah, that ICO.
Yeah, I was pretty impressed by that game, much like Rogue Galaxy. ;8
Those kind of games remind me that games are microcosms of real life experiences.

Shadow of the Colossus is also a huge game. :lol: