RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Transformation Problems.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
Hey all. I'm kinda new to this, so excuse me. I've been searching for a good transformation tutorial, but I honestly can't find one for what I want to do.
I'm using RPG2K3 and I got the transformations down, but the way it is, you have to level both the normal and transformed character separately. Is there a easy way to like say, If the level of the main character is 13, match the transformed characters level to the main characters level every time he transforms? If so, it would save alot of time, not just on my part but also for the people thats going to play the game after its done. Thanks.

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
Let's see if I can help here:
In the event that transforms the character...

- Set a variable to the value of the current form's EXP. You would probably do this by checking the transformation switch, or if one form is in the party through a conditional branch.
- Have the form that is being transformed to's EXP reset to 0. Decrease EXP by 99999999 or however much RM2k(3) allows.
- Increase that same form's EXP by the variable with the stored EXP.

The level of characters' is bound to the current EXP. By resetting EXP to 0, the level will become 1. Through this system also, if you can change mid-battle and gain EXP, you can keep the precise level progress. Simply changing the level would become inconvenient as the EXP growth goes up.

If characters' levels go down at all for some reason, you'll need to manually unlearn skills too. I haven't checked, but I am pretty sure even if you decrease a character's EXP or level they will retain their skills. This won't normally happen so you can probably leave it out.