RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Can't find the Character Start icon in RPG Maker 2003

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
I'm having some issues finding the character start icon when trying to learn how to make games with RPG maker 2003. All I need to know is if anyone with windows 7 is having the same issue i am also when I try to test play my game i get this error: The File C:\Users\Username\Desktop\games\DQ\Map0261.lmu cannot be opened. Any and all help is appretiated

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
i found the character start icon in RPG Maker 2003 now im having issues with teleporting to a different map if anyone knows of a good tutorial that clearly explains how to choose the map that i want to goto without having the OK button get greyed out please let me know

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Teleport Event: Click the map, then click the exact square you want the character to appear on. If the OK button is greyed out, then you probably haven't chosen the square.

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
yeah i figured it out after i slept on it for about 12 hrs lol in case you were wondering im new to the whole make your own game with RPG Maker 2003 but im slowly learning by reading the various tuts that have been posted

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
anyone know of a good custom battle tutorial? if you do could you please post the link or send me the link via email... my primary email is vincent5600@gmail.com and my secondary email is vincent5600@hotmail.com

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
is there a tut out for making an Inn work?

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Seriously?

An inn:
Make an event with a greeting and ask if the player would like to stay. Have a conditional check for how much gold the player has with the inn cost, and if he has enough gold, then recover the party, fadeout the screen, and play a music effect.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
I believe there simply is an inn event.
..........|¯•¸_¸,.•”ˆ¯....Thundercow....¯ˆ“•.,¸_¸•¯|..........
¯•_¹ˆ¯•ˆ¯¯±¸_Thunderclan WÅrrÏØr_¸±¯¯ˆ•¯ˆ²_•¯

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

Rep:
Level 76
RM2K3 Studied Learner
Custom Battle:
Got to Database.
Go to M. Groups.
Click on some random group that you aren't intending to use.
Take out the monsters you don't want.
Put in the monsters you DO want.
Click "Apply".
Click "Okay".
Right click on the map you want to put your group in.
Click on map properties.
Double click on the little box "Enemy Encounters".
Put in the group you made.
There's your "tut".
Everything is always exactly $10 more than you can afford... unless you can get somebody to loan you ten dollars.