RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Event Help needed...again! (Resolved)

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
Okay, so I'm working on my first game, and this one event in the beginning is not working properly. What I want is for the player character to talk to his friend, name him, and the guy steps aside.

That all works great, BUT when I talk to him AGAIN the event restarts. I want it to be a once-off event. Do I turn it into a common event?

Here's a screenshot of the event in the editor:

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 02:19:00 PM by TempestXtreme »
Insert something witty or profound here.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
At the end, put "control Self switch A= ON" and make a new event page with the condition being that self switch A is ON.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
I tried that, but then when I entered and exited a building, the event reset itself.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Because you did it wrong.

EDIT: It should look like this:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 02:14:28 PM by Mikhail Faulken »

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
At the end, put "control Self switch A= ON" and make a new event page with the condition being that self switch A is ON.

All right, did it. Thanks. And you were right, I was doing it wrong :\ Oh well, problem solved :)

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
No problem-- just remember all of the tools that are at your disposal.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
I will, thanks :) Man it sucks being a complete newbie :p Well, I'm learning fast enough at least...