RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Layering depth with imported images?

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
so I want to put a book on a table, the same open face book found in the castle tileset. I've managed to cut and save it and make it a "character" so it could be used for eventing. The two problems I'm running into are the "through" and "always on top" issues. If I don't put "always on top" the book appears beneath the desks. If I put "always on top" when the player walks around to the other side of the desk, their head goes under the book.

Is there a way to set the priority of an event or otherwise fix this? 

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
If this is XP, I'm sure you can just set the event graphic to the tileset piece itself rather than needing to cut it out of the tileset graphic and make it into a character sprite. You probably can do the same thing for VX too.

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
If this is XP, I'm sure you can just set the event graphic to the tileset piece itself rather than needing to cut it out of the tileset graphic and make it into a character sprite. You probably can do the same thing for VX too.

normally this is true, but because I'm cloning the event into different maps, the tileset keeps changing. So I went with an actor graphic instead.