RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Newbies need help

Rep:
Level 82
I ALL NEW A CRAP AND I was going to test my sick map but it said I needed a party position

I spent the next hour trying to figure out what it ment

PLZ TELL ME HOW TO SET A PARTY POSITION

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
Go into Event Mode (Yellow box option at the top), and right click on the tile where you want your hero to start. Click on "Place Party Starting Position," and voila.

Rep:
Level 82
OMG FINALLY THANKYOU
"SING IN PRAISES"

Rep:
Level 82
hehe I'm back so soon

k now I've made a map and stuff, I've added all the items and now I'm looking to put monsters in my map exept I don't know how plz subscribe! ;8

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
Go into Map Properties on whatever map you want monsters on (right click on the map of your choosing in the bottom left), and where it says "Enemy Encounters," double click, and select the group(s) you want to add. Encounter Rate is an estimate of how many steps your character will be able to take between battles.

Rep:
Level 82
K I have encountered another problem

I was trying to set a teleport. I set it not knowing what I was doing. Its not that I expected the teleport to actually do something, but I need directions to figure out how to make a teleport from one map to another ???

pokeball RoyOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 82
My insanity keeps me sane
for 2k3

In the event layer, right click on the square you want the teleport, goto place teleport event in the menu that just opened, it will then pop open a select teleport location, in the left box are your maps, select the one you want to teleport to, then in the right box select where in that map. Then in the bottom choose the facing you want, then push ok.

You now have a standard teleport event! congratulations!
Insanity is the Emergancy Exit, so smileā€¦ It's the only way out alive

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Read the help manual?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 82
I'm back

this time I want to make a quest but I don't know how.
Instead of doing something stupid I decided to ask you guys

Rep:
Level 83
You should look on google, or you tube, there are some nice tuts that show this stuff. That way you can see how something is done instead of reading about it.  That's how i started with RMXP.

see- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTwqsmQtM_M
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep:
Level 82
Another question

How do I make an intro. It would really help

Rep:
Level 83
what do you mean? like an animated title screen with a splash? in 2k3 i have no clue. have you searched for a way?
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
google is your best friend

Rep:
Level 82
well like making the characters move and say stuff while you cant do anything

I know how tot program it I just need some advice

Rep:
Level 82
This is just another random question I thought I'd ask while I have your attention
Is there any way to import images and characters into RPG maker

Rep:
Level 82
Okay I made a short test intro but when I tried it out it kept replaying

how can I prevent this ???

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Okay I made a short test intro but when I tried it out it kept replaying

how can I prevent this ???

Set your event to teleport to another map. Or, if you want it to stay in that map, trigger a switch at the end of the process, and create a new(blank) page that will only be triggered if the switch is on.

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
If you're useing an Auto-Start to run you're scene, which you should then use an Self Switch instead of an actually switch, it's a waste of a switch in my opinion. But use a self switch anyway, even if you're not useing a Auto-Start Event.

Edit: What Coz said was good advice though:
Set your event to teleport to another map.

Some people do scenes on oother maps, making their Character insivible and useing an Event as the Player to do the Scene, then Tele-port them into the Playible Map.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 06:21:55 PM by Kidfox70 »
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Run the uninstall wizard.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep: +0/-0Level 81

Rep:
Level 76
RM2K3 Studied Learner
And to import stuff you go to resource manager. Just thought I'd throw that out.
Everything is always exactly $10 more than you can afford... unless you can get somebody to loan you ten dollars.