RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Pickpocketing Help please?

Rep:
Level 87
I am trying to work out how to do pickpockting. i made the skill and animation also on the common events for the skill. i made it so i get some gold between one to ten using variables but what i cant work out is how to make it say "You have Pickpockted the (amount of gold)" not this move has no effect. also be able to work with a 50% chance instead of all there time, help please.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 02:49:08 PM by DrHojo »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That post is unreadable. Punctuation is important. See:

Dear John I want a man who knows what love is all about you are generous kind thoughtful people who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior you have ruined me for other men I yearn for you I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart I can be forever happy will you let me be yours

Gloria

Dear John,

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy - will you let me be yours?

Gloria

Dear John,

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?

Gloria

Rep:
Level 87
That post is unreadable. Punctuation is important. See:

Dear John I want a man who knows what love is all about you are generous kind thoughtful people who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior you have ruined me for other men I yearn for you I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart I can be forever happy will you let me be yours

Gloria

Dear John,

I want a man who knows what love is all about. You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who are not like you admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you. I have no feelings whatsoever when we're apart. I can be forever happy - will you let me be yours?

Gloria

Dear John,

I want a man who knows what love is. All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful people who are not like you. Admit to being useless and inferior. You have ruined me. For other men, I yearn. For you, I have no feelings whatsoever. When we're apart, I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?

Gloria

well it is readable but has bad grammar i cant help that sorry am not really that great at grammar i will try and edit my main post.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 02:49:38 PM by DrHojo »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, I'm not sure what you're asking. It sounds like you know how to call the common event but don't know how to make it say "I stole etc"

But that's not hard at all: All you need is a Show Text command put after the Gain Gold command. But it seems impossible that you wouldn't have tried that.

Rep:
Level 87
well i made a common event with a variable and put it in a skill what gets me one to ten gold at random numbers, but when i use it on an enemy it says it has no effect even though it dose have effect so i what i want to know is how do i change the no effect message to how much gold i stole from a scale of one to ten?

Rep:
Level 97
Oh, OK, so that happens when it does nothing else but call a common event. There is a way to do it by default but I forget how. One way might be to make a blank state and have the skill inflict that state on the enemy.

Rep:
Level 87
ah okay. one more thing, is there a way to make it have a 50% chance of succeeding instead of all the time.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
you can have a variable set to a random number from 1-100,
and then if it's from 1-50 (50% chance)

then the steal executes

else: failed.

note: the 50% can be any even number range, from 1-2, to as large as 1-1,000,000 if you wanted.  It really doesn't matter, so long as the number you're checking against is the halfway point.

I suck at explaining with words, so incoming pseudocode

Code: [Select]
variable = (random from 1-100)
if variable >= 51
    //steal
else
   //failed

you just have to translate that into eventing.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 03:52:48 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
you can have a variable set to a random number from 1-100,
and then if it's from 1-50 (50% chance)

then the steal executes

else: failed.

note: the 50% can be any even number range, from 1-2, to as large as 1-1,000,000 if you wanted.  It really doesn't matter, so long as the number you're checking against is the halfway point.

I suck at explaining with words, so incoming pseudocode

variable = (random from 1-100)
if variable >= 51
    //steal
else
   //failed

you just have to translate that into eventing.

okay that helps alot, but still confuses me i know what you mean but i just don't know how to put this in eventing. if someone could make some kind of script of show me an example of a way it will be alot of help.

Never minds sorted it out, all i need to know now is how to make it tell you how much gold you have taken from a random number of one to ten.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:19:02 PM by DrHojo »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
have a random variable set from 1-10 to determine the amount of gold you get
let's say it was variable 50.

the message would say..

Stole \v[50] gold!

if I'm not mistaken, by default you can use \v[#] to print the value of any given variable.

Rep:
Level 87
have a random variable set from 1-10 to determine the amount of gold you get
let's say it was variable 50.

the message would say..

Stole \v[50] gold!

if I'm not mistaken, by default you can use \v[#] to print the value of any given variable.

thank you it works. ^_^ by the way the variable i was useing for pickpocket was 50 O_O.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
glad I could help :)
and wow that's creepy.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Instead of 1-100, just do 1 or 2 and one of them = succeed and the other = fail. :V

Of course, NAMKCOR's way is better if you want to eventually modify the percentage.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
could you better explain how to make pickpocketing?
i want it to work this way when facing a character:
0% front[facing them]
25% sides[beside them]
50% back.[behind them]

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Use conditional branches. If you've actually spent the time looking at it, then you'd know.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
just started vx....
sorry for my ignorance.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Just learn from it, then, and you'll be fine.