RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The best game

Rep:
Level 89
What is/are, in your opinion, the best game/s ever made by RPGMaker XP, and why? This topic might help people wanting to play those great games without having to look through millions of topics. Linking to the good games are preferrable, but of course not required.
Yo.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I have a question: Is this limited to RMXP? There are plenty of other good RPG makers and amazing games to go with them. If so, why?

I would rather not try to dig up all of the good games for 2k3 at the moment. They are too plentiful and...old.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
There are plenty great RMXP games.
Spoiler for:

Shadows, The insanity, Forlorn Manor, Dark Eternal, etc.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
my favorites are "tales of Faith" by JimmyLy, "Nadir's Cannon" by Euphony "All is not lost" by Alexia, and "Memento vivere" by CatcherRye

Rep:
Level 89
I have a question: Is this limited to RMXP? There are plenty of other good RPG makers and amazing games to go with them. If so, why?

I would rather not try to dig up all of the good games for 2k3 at the moment. They are too plentiful and...old.

Well, it is in the RMXP section, so I guess it is; perhaps it should be moved to the general forum. I posted it here since RMXP's the only maker I have.

Ruzu, Code Geass, thanks for your input.
Yo.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
It's fine here. If the project forum wasn't so fucked up I would put it there.

Master of the Wind is the best RMXP game. Period. No one from this forum has even heard of it though. Only Quitessence comes close. Cast Aside also looks good, it's by the people who brought us Outlaw City and Forlorn Manor.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Well, Master of the Wind is only known by those who visits hbgames.org. I haven't tried it, but I've seen the trailers, and it looks like a very good game. Other games are Quitessence , Memento vivere(Sadly, the game has been cancelled) and Tales of A'ailogas: Under.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 04:53:25 PM by The Shadow »

Rep:
Level 89
Just wanted to warn everyone that the Master of the Wind super pack on hbgames.org includes a trojan, so you don't think "Oh it's a good game i'll go get it" Remember folks, .exe files are overrated. And think before you download.
Yo.

Rep:
Level 91
You should be sure that isn't your virus blocker, I've downloaded that game three times at least.

Rep:
Level 89
Just wanted to warn everyone that the Master of the Wind super pack on hbgames.org includes a trojan, so you don't think "Oh it's a good game i'll go get it" Remember folks, .exe files are overrated. And think before you download.

That really depends what Virus program you use. Norman Anti Virus thinks that all .exe files are trojans. If you want to run a XP .exe  file, you need to turn Norman off. Im using Norman, and it's a pain in the ass to turn games into .exe files, because it deletes the files all the time.

Rep:
Level 89

That really depends what Virus program you use. Norman Anti Virus thinks that all .exe files are trojans. If you want to run a XP .exe  file, you need to turn Norman off.

Right. How could you know we use Norman? >_< I hope I can trust you, so I'll try again, but I'm anxious about turning my antivirus off.
Yo.

Rep:
Level 89
If I say like this. I've downloaded alot of script demos, and Norman thinks that all of them are trojans.

Rep:
Level 89
If I say like this. I've downloaded alot of script demos, and Norman thinks that all of them are trojans.

How fantastic.  ::) Oh well, it's just off for a second... what can happen? *imagines computer exploding* I do feel kinda bad downloading games when I'm supposed to make one though. XP
Yo.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I've heard of master of the wind and played some of it, though it got deleted. Never really decided to download it again.
I would try Kryberia, from gamingw.net though it only has a demo.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 91
Yeah, Master of the Wind's first arc is an average RMXP game really. Mapping is horrible, story doesn't move. All other arcs kick so much ass.

If you don't download good games, how will you know how to make one? I can say without a doubt it's the best way to learn mapping and dungeon design.