RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] First Song - Times Of Life

Rep:
Level 87
Heyo everyone! I just wanted to share my first song ever composed, it's 1 minute and 24 seconds long, and this couldn't be possible without the help of Arrow! <3

The song may not be much, but hopefully you'll understand it better once I explain the meaning of it's parts.

1st Piano Part:
The first piano part symbolizes the start of the character's life on their own, and when it gets to the part at 8 seconds where it seems to get all "Uh Oh, Uh Oh" is a foreshadow to a argument or bad point or sad event in the character's life.

1st Guitar Part:
The first guitar part basically just symbolizes a mid-life crisis that gets worse through the character's years.

2nd Piano Part:
The second piano part symbolizes the point in the character's life where every thing's getting better, the crisis is dealt with, everything is good, at least for a while, until...

2nd Guitar Part:
The second guitar part shows the point in the character's life where the character finds them self to be in a very dangerous moment or discussion with a dearly loved one, and life is hell and the character's roller coaster suddenly flies off the tracks.

3rd Piano Part:
The third piano part is where the character is barely hanging on to life, the character is wounded or deeply depressed and is barely hanging on, but at the end they are killed by someone else, themselves, or the wound.

3rd Guitar Part:
This part symbolizes the death of the character, a sad moment which ends with their final note/breath.

Final Words:
I hope you all understand this song better, it's only my first, but I wanted to get a sort of feeling across. The reason I say Character above is that it could pertain to any certain person, not just one.

Thanks again for your teachings, Arrow!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:07:10 AM by irock »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
<Dr_Sword> If I were to listen to this without reading the text
<Dr_Sword> which is what alot of people are going to do
<Dr_Sword> Id be life wtf
<Dr_Sword> also
<Dr_Sword> the end sucked :|
<Dr_Sword> but overall with the text it was good

Rep:
Level 85
 I think it's very nice for a first song. You already seem to have a keen grasp of chords and catchy melodies, but it does seem a bit disjointed. If this were an overture, that would be perfectly acceptable, but because each movement is so brief (hardly enough time to establish the "theme" in each case), it's quite jarring. Of course, I have this problem, myself, on occasion, so it's certainly nothing to be overly concerned with.
 I imagine that if you were to develop each part more fully and with added instruments to flesh it out, you'd have quite a fine piece of music on you hands.
 Also, at about the 12-26 second mark, I can't figure out what time signature you're using. At the beginning, I can't make heard or tails of it...almost like a 3/8 or something...probably not...and then it goes to 4/4?
Oh, it's so close, oh so close! The next one in December, maybe? Perhaps so...more than that, you say? Do tell!