RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Automatic Message Scrolling

Rep:
Level 86
In some RPG Maker Programs I have worked with in the past had given me options to scroll messages from the bottom of the screen to the top.
More Info: (Text not in box but transparent background, moving towards the top of the screen while cutscene plays in background)

I was wondering if this would be possible in VX as my current project requires this option.

If anyone has any information on this subject It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 06:11:06 PM by Metal_Dragon »
Those who have the power to create their own world, have also the power to destroy it.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
The message command \.(wait) and \^(pause skip) enables automatic messages but not scrolling.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 86
That's pretty cool I could use that in the game to Thanks for that information. If there isn't a way to scroll, I'll use that instead. Hey, it's a win-win situation.
Those who have the power to create their own world, have also the power to destroy it.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, it's technically possible with this script:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25348.0.html

You would have to interject a number of \py commands though, and it's be a huge pain. The way I would suggest doing this is to make your entire block of text and save it as a picture. Then you can use the Show Picture command and the Move Picture command to do it very easily with events. Basically, all you'd need to do is show it at the bottom of the screen and set a Move Picture to the top of the screen and set the number of frames to whatever speed you want.

Rep:
Level 86
That'll do it, thanks alot guys. I really appreciate it. Now I can finish the opening sequence. One last question, how would I color the background of the
text that wouldn't over power (cover up) the event seqence thats going on?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 06:13:37 PM by Metal_Dragon »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Don't use Fade Out or Flash Screen commands, simply fill the map with a black tile which is in Tile A.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.