RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Question about patching

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
Alright, I have a question about patching. Now, normally, when I patched my game, I'd just make a patch by uploading all of the maps and the database into one rar file and go from there (which has worked so far). Now, I released a new patch just recently, and it seems that people can't use their old save file anymore. What could be cause of this? Could it be due to me adding a few new areas in the game even though I had them in the new patch? Could it be that I tinkered with the database that I also added with the new patch?? I'm at a loss at what could be the issue here x_x

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
I think if you edit the database, the old save files won't work.
Hi

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
I also think, as I found out, if you don't include the new tilesets and stuff WITH the patches, then it won't work either....lol. I feel silly now x_x