RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
EXP Chart Help

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
Alright, so I've recently tried to fix up my EXP/Level Up system (so that it's not as ridiculous as before, nor as easy as I have it right now) to be more like....FFV I guess we'll go with. Problem is, is that I'm not exactly sure how to set this up well. I know that Secondary sets up the EXP increase per level (like if it takes 100 EXP to go from Level 1 to Level 2 for instance, and Secondary is set to 200, then from Level 2 to Level 3 it'd take 300, then 500, and etc. if Primary and Tertiary are set to 1). Now, I'm not really sure on what Primary and Tertiary do really, nor am I positive on how to set a decent EXP system. If anyone can help me with this, I'd be sure to credit you in my RPG for certain, and I'd really appreciate it too since I've started hammering away at fixing things in the game as well as moving on ^^;;

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
.....I really REALLY hate this thing. I'm going to try and fix this before I even MOVE forward with the story or whatnot.....seriously, if anyone, ANYONE, knows how to work a decent EXP Curve chart for this, do let me know! I'm trying to set it up kinda FF7 styled (I even took some notes on how EXP changes level to level from the game itself....). Example being this:

CLOUD

Level 7: 616 (total); 307 (to level up)
Level 8: 949 (total); 435 (to level up)
Level 9: 1384 (total); 550 (to level up)
Level 10: 1934 (total);

Level 54: 377, 677 (total); 21, 568 (to level up)
Level 55: 399, 245 (total); 22, 385 (to level up)
Level 56: 421,630 (total);

With the (total) being the total amount of EXP he'd have at that Level, and the 2nd being how much EXP be needed to level up to the next level. Now, I've tried to simulate this, but I can't even get it to simulate it at all. Stupid EXP chart >_< I have a feeling that I can't simulate this style at all for whatever reason (since I can't get both total and needed EXP to match up like it would be above....usually one side will match up perfectly, but the other side is completely off, and I KNOW that I HAVE to use the Secondary function in order to do the level up differences, right??)