RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Overdrive

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
This is a game I am making, for all of the people who want to get their adrenaline pumping, to throw their controller at a wall out of welcome frustration, and want to see what game maker can REALLY do!

The latest demo can be found here.

http://files.filefront.com/Overdrivezip/;7572100;/fileinfo.html

Here are some screenshots:

Feel free to submit any thoughts or opinions! CRITIQUE HARSHLY.

LATEST CHANGES:

1. omg try the laser ;___;
2. A few soundeffects have been updated.
3. In the test select, click the lower red button to go to a glitchy could stage. VERY GLITCHY!
4. Title Screen ;8
5. Title Theme :tpg:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 03:41:07 AM by Arrow-1 »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
First download <3
but I blew myself up xD
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
Hahaha...Try lining yourself up with where the enemies henerate and hitting "M" repeatedly. For some reason that always makes me laugh like nuts.

Also: What did you think of it? Specifically?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I actually found it fun!....dont want to say it outloud..funner then most demo's for rpg maker =o
specifically, I loved mouse click, buttons moved smoother. front page looked great. Grafics clean.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
Tonight I'll make a lightning weapon, using pretty much the same pattern as the enemies do when you hit M. When it hits an enemy, it'll continue in a chain link attack to the nearest enemy (if they're close enough).

Rep:
Level 87
wow this is great, i had like over 100 of those energy tank thingys at one point
Laugh untill we cry,
Dance untill we die.

Rep:
Level 88
This is awesome. I hope to see more on this! the only complaint I have is not enough attacks. But you are working on that.

Rep:
Level 96
Yes, yes I am. ;D The next attacks I am planning on are a splitter beam and a cluster grenade.

Rep:
Level 88
Alright! That sounds like fun ;D

Rep:
Level 96
Okay, no update yesterday/the day before, but work is being done. I'm simplifying the code right now in a feeble attempt to prevent slowdown, but it seems like it's going to be inevitable...Crap. Oh well. After I finish cleaning (almost done) I'm going to add in an auto generator, to simulate what Druger S. enemies will probably do in game movement wise. MIGHT have a new weapon, if I can kill the massive lag it causes.

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
I cant believe I havent posted here yet.

Well, great game in the making. Everyone should dl this. It is very well created demo(not yet game)

This game has many more features coming and in the making. Expect a wide variety of weapons, upgrades, enemies, well crafted maps, and more.

@Arrow-1, great job dude, and to help your lag problem here is a little notepad file on how to try to fix it. I had another file but if I find it I'll send it to you.
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 96
Update GET! See the first post. The game now has (holy shit) a PAUSE function! In game, tap shift to make enemies generate automatically! SOUND UPDATED (for the new things, excluding pause) Certain things...may or may not have sped up! I did reorganize a lot of code so it ran back to parents though, so yeah, later on that will help one hell of a lot.

Chaos: "Don't us precise collision checking." I hadn't even considered that! Thanks a lot, the file is probably a huge help! (I say probably because it was uploaded before I saw the file attachment, I'll fix things for the next release.)

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Here is/are a/some suggestion(s):

1. The Angle fre covers everthing except a small area in the middle(where you would probably be) making it easy to avoid damage and since you would more than likely kill an enemy that will give you the power up again, it is basically an ultiamte weapon.

2. The Super Laser's timer runs out very fast but fair

3. Implementing the timer from the S.L. into the A.F. power up would probably make the power ups more stable.

4. The Druger S. drones tend to make multiple loops when it reaches left side.

5. You really can tell how far you can go (up/down) before you blow up. Maybe adding an alert bar or making it more visible.

More to come as you continue XD

Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 96
These are all very valid points. :D This is the kind of criticism I beg people for, but hardly ever get. :D

:D

I'm going to work on this now, the alert bar is a fantastic idea! I'm also going to set up a shadow for the ship, and MAYBE the enemies(considering that there are so many that could get complicated...).

Angle Fire and Super Laser actually use the exact same timer. I'll power down the fire weapon though. Maybe like, it can't hurt aerial enemies at all, but it slaughters ground enemies?

I don't think I understand what you mean by multiple loops...do you mean their maneuvering? Because that's a very simple fix.

Also:

...since you would more than likely kill an enemy that will give you the power up again...

Should I make the power-ups appear less often? Right now there's a one-in-ten chance per enemy if no other power-ups are on screen.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I really like it. It's better than allot of arcade games I've played.  ;D

But, shouldn't there be a shooting SE?

Rep:
Level 96
There is one, but it's very quiet, I need to replace the darn thing.

Rep:
Level 87
Yep, that's me.
Very nice.

okay, well here is my crappy ass opinion.
JUST an opinion.
But I want to help this game rock, so I'm tossing it out there.

It is easy to crash into walls.
If the gravitational pull wasn't sparking your interest, how about, hitting the wall bounces you back away from the wall, but at a random angle, and at a steep decrease in health. [Probably a bit of control loss too, for a few seconds]

The graphics appear a bit plain [not the ship, but the explosions].
I think you're going to improve this already, but the explosions and stuff are kinda... "flat"? Iunno, they just didn't make me happy.

The movement/shooting straight thing, kinda blows [in my opinion].
I usually hate the games where you have to face one direction constanly.
I do. I'd say some ability to tilt upwards or dowwards would be cool.
A bit more in control. [Mouse activity?]
Bu that's my personal taste.

ooh, and a suggestion, if you will, I thought it'd be a good idea, to have a weapon inventory.
Like the power ups are ammo, and you can toggle between the different special shots.
Therefor, you can laser the striaght guys, and quickly switch to something else for ground troops or whatever.
And the ammo for each one is seperate.
So you can stockpile.
But you'd have to be pretty evasive and/or a good shooter to do it.

but dude, I like it.
ESPECIALLY the laser!
XD

Quote from: Djangonator & Irockman 1
<Irockman1>------Djang lacks a brain in that pic.
<Djangonator>---ur mom lacks a braen.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
There is one, but it's very quiet, I need to replace the darn thing.
I didn't hear it st all.

I agree with the following suggestions...
I do. I'd say some ability to tilt upwards or dowwards would be cool.
how about, hitting the wall bounces you back away from the wall, but at a random angle, and at a steep decrease in health. [Probably a bit of control loss too, for a few seconds]
but dude, I like it.
ESPECIALLY the laser!
XD

Rep:
Level 96
Here's a preview of the altimeter.

It turns red when you get too close to the ceiling or floor of a stage, if there is one. If you enter or leave an area with a ceiling or floor, it fades on or off the screen accordingly.

EDIT: For those interested, I've eliminated (as far as I can see) ALL lag, added an altimeter, added a shadow for the player, and spruced up the stage design just a bit. Update is in the first post.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

You can go above the red and not die.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
...And how did you do that?

Rep:
Level 102
I sure can't do that. ?_?

Rep:
Level 96
Seriously, answer the question/explain your picture or don't post, I don't have the time or patience for spam here.

(directed at Irock cuz lol misunderstanding. Sorry to both of you, though Irock, now that's double spam because you had nothing to do with the picture... (     -____o) )
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 01:04:48 AM by Arrow-1 »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Seriously, answer the question/explain your picture or don't post, I don't have the time or patience for spam here.

Wow, that post made me not want to expain.

But I will...

I was playing, I pushed up and noticed that the altimeter turned off when I moved up to that point, but I didn't die.  All I have to do is push up very softly, and it will let me get that close and not die... I didn't do anything weird.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
LOL DUDE SORRY

For some reason I red your name as Irocks. I thought he posted the picture, then said "I sure can't" as in 'I sure can't explain it, even though I did it.' This happens to me a lot, because I read way too fast. All my fault, sorry, I can see how you'd be offended.

And yes, that's just something that the equation I'm using doesn't represent correctly. I will fix it immediately. :D Thank you for your help, I was soo not trying to be an ass.

NEW ENEMY!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 02:46:55 AM by Arrow-1 »