RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
As a newbie to the RPG Maker Community...

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
... how valuable in games is Original music?

I'm a music student in college, and can definately write my own scores + transpose them to midi
and was wondering if this is ever anything anyone is looking for?
players + game makers alike?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
If you're asking for money then I'd say noone will pay you for original music in an RPG Maker game unless it's commercial.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
not interested in money at all
i make enough as it is.

I just noticed how using the RTP was unfavoured, and i was wondering if this applied to music as well

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
XP has decent music, but naturally, original music is the best.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
It certainly helps. If you are not sure if you want to spend the time to make the whole soundtrack, then just making a few important custom songs e.g. the title theme would be a good idea.

If you're asking for money then I'd say noone will pay you for original music in an RPG Maker game unless it's commercial.
That's been proven wrong, heheh.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
To me, it's one of the most valuable aspects.  A game without good music, I can hardly play.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I beg to differ, I think story is the most important, but music ranks along side graphics, good music can really draw the player in well.

Personally, I prefer .mp3 files, .midi isn't good enough quality, and as a result, I've never enjoyed music from a game which only uses .midi.

But yeah, we all love good music, any gamer maker enjoys custom tracks for their project :)

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Good music makers for the maker are appreciated by everyone.  If you can make good music for  game, the game will be enjoyed more by it's players indefinitely, whether it's an important aspect in the players opinion or not.
It's like graphics: some people need it to be good, others don't.  Regardless, everyone likes it when they are good  :)