RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help with tiles[resolved]

Rep:
Level 87
????
Hey my tileset doesnt work i click on the back ground colour but when i use the tile set it shows the back ground colour
Whats wrong with my tiles?

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 10:49:21 PM by BECKY1111 »

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Maybe the transparency wasn't done with the correct one.

Rep:
Level 87
????
i re-imported it sevral times

Rep:
Level 88
Where's the head of a chocolate coronet? :O
If you are sure the transparency is correct, (Check the translucent and the transparent colors), try putting the tiles on Layer 2 or Layer 3, one with the background color of course. If it goes through something like grass all fine without the background color, then you're just mapping wrong. If not, then if you have Photoshop, remove the transparency and import. But AlienSoldier's suggestion is the best solution in my opinion. :P

Rep:
Level 87
????
i dont have photo shop and i was talking about the layers
can graphic gale do the same thing?

edit: graphic dale can do the same thing but i get an error
  "Critical error C0000005 at address 004B52A8

i need this for my 500x500 map (its a ORPG so i want the whole game  to be just 1 map)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:28:40 AM by BECKY1111 »

Rep:
Level 88
Whoa 500 by 500. That'll lag badly if you give it a lot of events, hope you have an Anti-Event Lag Script...Anyway...

Put some grass or floor tiles on Layer 1. Then put something like a house on Layer 2. If you can still see the grass or floor behind the house, then it's just a mapping problem. I hope it's that...

Rep:
Level 87
????
no i got it the black back ground doesnt work.
and then i got errors when trying to import the new tile set.
today i imported it and it works fine.

Rep:
Level 88
Hopefully there'll be no black background I suppose. If there is, consider if the background color consists of more than one shade of black, and if it is, you have to make it one black. But that's not the case and it's good that you can import again at the least. :3

Rep:
Level 87
????
when i deleted the background it worked (the photo shop thingy you said)
i did it with graphic gale though.