RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The two best games for the SNES

Rep:
Level 88
The Sliencer
THis topic explains the 2 best games for the SNES (As you guys know.) Here they are:

Chrono Trigger

Pictures: 

Spoilers

Chrono Trigger is a game where you go in time and try to help out stuff. Kinda like changing the past or future. You have to fight to change your past and the future. You main goal is to destory a monster that will destory the planet in 1999 AD and save the world.

End Spoilers

Final Fantasy 6

Pictures: 

Spoilers

This game is like you have to fight off you're enemies from destorying you. Kefka (Some people's favorite.) will try to take this girl (The main Character.) and try to brainshwash her to become a enemy herself. It's the best RPG Yet.

End Spoilers

UPDATED

I've added the emulators and the roms.

SNES 1.43
Link: http://snes9x.ipherswipsite.com/

On the left. press any of the 4 buttons near SNES 1.50 if they won't work, Download 1.43 down of 1.50.

ZNES

Link: http://www.zsnes.com/
Probably the right Emulator  click on files and click on any mirrors and keep on to download it. Though i havn't had any luck with this. But you guys can.

Chrono Trigger ROM

http://romhustler.net/download/snes/217

Final Fantasy 3 ROM

http://romhustler.net/download/snes/410

Enjoy and hope they work.

I'll add more pictures later.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 05:28:54 PM by Chaos of Destruction »

Dungeons and Dragons Dawn of Darkness: 3% (ON HOLD!)
Dark Lands: 7%

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I agree fully with you =D

By the way...can you post emulator sites?  If not, just tell me to take this one away or a mod can do so:

www.nerologic.com   for MANY SNES roms and emulators (along with NES).

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I would have to disagree. The two best games for the SNES are Der Langrisser and Front Mission. Bahamut Lagoon takes a close third.

Oh wait, none of those games actually came to the US.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
It's not FF3. FF3 is the name in the U.S., the real name is FF6 in the correct chronological order, correct that.

And BTW, you can't specify the BEST RPG, it's impossible. Also what Gilga said is also not correct. That may be the best SRPGs what is a different category than RPG. ::)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 04:11:13 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
The Sliencer
It's not FF3. FF3 is the name in the U.S., the real name is FF6 in the correct chronological order, correct that.

And BTW, you can't specify the BEST RPG, it's impossible. Also what Gilga said is also not correct. That may be the best SRPGs what is a different category than RPG. ::)

I always named it as FF3.

These two games are the highest rank in Gamefaqs in the SNES Catagory. So i thought i would post something like this.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Sure, but it's still all relative.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Super Mario rpg was my favorite rpg!
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Also what Gilga said is also not correct. That may be the best SRPGs what is a different category than RPG. ::)

Yeah thats why I said best games not RPGs. I don't care if it isn't actually relevant.

Also, gamefaqs is full of idiots.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
There are too many incredible SNES games for me to narrow down my favorites to only two.  While FF6 and Chrono Trigger are indeed some very incredible games, I personally could not name them the "greatest SNES RPG's of all time."  There were so many rpg's on the SNES - of so many varying genres, plots, characters, and gameplay - that it's impossible to claim one or two to be above the rest.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Actually, I hadn't even considered the fire emblem games. Front Mission might not be #2 after all. But I'm deffinetly going to have to say that Der Langrisser is #1.

Rep:
Level 88
What a waste of paper...
Two best games eh? What a simple question!

Super Mario All Stars + World

and

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
THis topic explains the 2 best games for the SNES (As you guys know.) Here they are:

Chrono Trigger

Pictures: 

Spoilers

Chrono Trigger is a game where you go in time and try to help out stuff. Kinda like changing the past or future. You have to fight to change your past and the future. You main goal is to destory a monster that will destory the planet in 1999 AD and save the world.

End Spoilers

Final Fantasy 6

Pictures: 

Spoilers

This game is like you have to fight off you're enemies from destorying you. Kefka (Some people's favorite.) will try to take this girl (The main Character.) and try to brainshwash her to become a enemy herself. It's the best RPG Yet.

End Spoilers

UPDATED

I've added the emulators and the roms.

SNES 1.43
Link: http://snes9x.ipherswipsite.com/

On the left. press any of the 4 buttons near SNES 1.50 if they won't work, Download 1.43 down of 1.50.

ZNES

Link: http://www.zsnes.com/
Probably the right Emulator  click on files and click on any mirrors and keep on to download it. Though i havn't had any luck with this. But you guys can.

Chrono Trigger ROM

http://romhustler.net/download/snes/217

Final Fantasy 3 ROM

http://romhustler.net/download/snes/410

Enjoy and hope they work.

I'll add more pictures later.

lol those are horrible descriptions.  ::)
:tinysmile:

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Yeah, really. :D

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Geno WAs Born L33t
i don't like crono trigger that much I think a link to the past should take its place....but thats me :P
.....hi

Rep:
Level 88
The Sliencer
I'll add some more to the descriptions later. More pictures are coming. I should hopefully add a better description to them after i add the pictures.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I have to, due to Kefka being the greatest Villian FF has ever seen.... Behold the Kefka Conga Line.

:kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka: :kefka:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
It's so invisible, it's almost liek majic!

Rep:
Level 88
I personally think Lufia 2 and Tales of Phantasia. Both touching games in parts... :'(.
There are too many incredible SNES games for me to narrow down my favorites to only two.  While FF6 and Chrono Trigger are indeed some very incredible games, I personally could not name them the "greatest SNES RPG's of all time."  There were so many rpg's on the SNES - of so many varying genres, plots, characters, and gameplay - that it's impossible to claim one or two to be above the rest.
I agree. There just too many, I mean Final Fantasy, Lufia series, Star Ocean, Bahamut Lagoon, Zelda...Ooops ::) Got carried away LOL

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
There was not a zelda game that could match up the might of A Link To The Past, until Twilight princess came out.

No rpg could match up to supermario rpg until... wait, there isn't one.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Super Mario rpg is great.  I look forward to play TP on Wii.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Here's the system we should adopt:

Roman numerals apply to the ACTUAL, chronologically correct, Final Fantasies.
Arabic based numbers apply to US releases.

i.e. FFI (FF1), FFII, FFIII, FFIV (FF2), FFV, FFVI (FF3), FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2 (LOL), FFXI, FFXII, FFXIII (FFAWESOME), etc...etc...

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
That sounds good, although the latter US releases are in "Roman" numerals.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Well, in that case it doesn't matter, because FFVII was released as FFVII over here, too. There is no FF4.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Thats what I said, except mine was more generic.

Anyways, I havent played enough SNES games to tell.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92