RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Classic Games You'd Like To See Modernized

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Since it was the gameplay that made Gunstar Heroes unique, any major change would spoil it.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
It was Illusion of Gaia. And Illusion of Time in Europe. Best game in the series.

I never got that far in it, of course I never really played it...although I own it.
Shame on you. Thats a damn good game.

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Mmmm... seeing as you guys pointed snes\genesis titles asking for remakes, i wonder if they should be remaked to 3D. I mean, breath of Fire, Gunstar heroes and even Metroid received GAMEBOY ADVANCE 2D versions, and those kicked ass (go after emulators if you didn't played). Now, the surprise was really ZELDA: the minishing Cap, whose 2d GBA version was far more accepted than its 3D counterpart(The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker). Good games aren't about graphical technology, is something else.
 Of course, the new megaman games are 3D and mimics platform games, witch i think it's cool. Why, i mention now the new STRIDER for the ARCADE - i didn't see a console version, but i would love to play one.
I need some real WORKING AVI script in RMXP!
3D ANIMATIONS:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Ericmor
3D and 2D anime ART:
http://ericmor.deviantart.com/gallery/

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The thing is, Metroid Prime and Wind Waker were awesome games. Metroid Prime is probably the best Gamecube game released, but sometimes when I was playing Wind Waker, I would just look at the screen and realize that it is the closest a game has ever come to resembling a cartoon. The thing that a lot of people forget, is that video games are the most diverse form of entertainment. Not all games have to be about shooting people, or rescuing princesses. I would rather play a new Ratchet and Clank game than a new GTA. I don't understand when people put down games before they're even released, like they did with both the Gamecube games I mentioned. If people stopped being innovative and exploring more possibilities, gaming would become boring. There was a time that if I saw one more army game, I would kill someone. The market just gets so saturated with similar titles, and people just stop caring. If there weren't Shigeru Miyamotos, Hideo Kojimas, and Tim Schaffers in the world, we would be robbed of captivating entertainment. Some great unorthodox games?
~Psychonauts
~Katamari
~Metal Gear Series
~Fusion Frenzy
~Darwinia
~Super Smash Brothers
There are more than these, but there aren't many of them. You'll notice though, that the odd games are the ones people love and remember forever.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
There is a game I have for SNES Emulator, I think it's called "Evo - Search for Eden". I kinda liked it. The idea has great potential and a 3D version would be quite popular I think.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I never did like metroid for the GC... I guess I don't have any taste.  I thought it was pretty bad, I didn't get far into it, but it really didn't catch my attention.  I found it strange, because I have played through lots of sci-fi games and liked them, but metroid didn't interest me.

Rep:
Level 94
There is a game I have for SNES Emulator, I think it's called "Evo - Search for Eden". I kinda liked it. The idea has great potential and a 3D version would be quite popular I think.

EVO is awesome, and also made by Enix. I could never get very far in it though for some reason. The evolving into a human was a great idea, and you could even become a mermaid if you did the right things.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Mmmm... so many good titles of old, so many new stupid ways to ruin them.
But i think like that: when I get resources or rights to re-make some, i would remake in great style:

- DungeonKeeper (1, 2 and made the 3)
- ULTIMA (whole saga)
- RIVER RAID
- BURGERTIME
- DREDNAUGH FACTOR (intellivision rulled!)
- Kyrandia (whole saga - rpg system)
- Lands od Lore (ditto)
... there's more, but... i think all the franchises belongs to either EA or VU (as everthing else).

Ultima was crap...

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet

EVO is awesome, and also made by Enix. I could never get very far in it though for some reason. The evolving into a human was a great idea, and you could even become a mermaid if you did the right things.
Wow, I never managed to become a mermaid. ;D

Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 92
One by one, the penguins steal my sanity...
I think it'd be sweet for them to remake Zelda: Ocarina of Time with Twilight Princess graphics.
That game was a classic.  :tpg:
DEATH: Master of Time, your life is at it's end! Mwahahahaha!
MOT: Whatever, dude *throws crumpled piece of paper at Death and runs away*
DEATH:....?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

Me neither, and in fact, I never finished the game. But I remember renting the game all the time. I liked the beginning where you're a fish more than anything, and being a dinosaur is pretty cool.

Plus, the game teaches kids that creationism is silly and that evolution really happened.  ;8

EDIT: That's a completely light-hearted statement, so don't start a whole debate now.  :P
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
lol, Halo, I noticed that too. But I always found it odd that there was evolution and also an angel? I wanted to slap the game and tell it to make up its mind.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I wouldn't mind seeing Chrono Trigger modernized. That, or the two other SaGa games (Romancing SaGa 2-3).

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet

Me neither, and in fact, I never finished the game. But I remember renting the game all the time. I liked the beginning where you're a fish more than anything, and being a dinosaur is pretty cool.

Plus, the game teaches kids that creationism is silly and that evolution really happened.  ;8

EDIT: That's a completely light-hearted statement, so don't start a whole debate now.  :P

You must be confusing me with Saucy. ;)
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I was directing the whole "don't start a debate" thing to everyone. <3

But to completely keep this post from being off-topic.... um... E.V.O. was awesome.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
I think Will Wright should get together with Square-Enix and make a true sequel to Actraiser. I played that game so much when I was young, and I was really pumped when the second came out. Lo and behold, all the sim parts were removed.

Rep:
Level 88
Golden Axe
Medievil (already been done though, funnily enough)
Streets of Rage

And it's always been a want for me to be able to play a new side scrolling game like Sonic - but they went 3D. :(

Rep:
Level 94
Golden Axe
Medievil (already been done though, funnily enough)
Streets of Rage

And it's always been a want for me to be able to play a new side scrolling game like Sonic - but they went 3D. :(

Once again, GBA has a few new 2d sonic games.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Yeah, Actraiser 2 was lame. Actraiser 1 was way better.
Visit our website.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I just thought of something, Axelay needs to be remade. That was a damn good game.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Alright, here's a blast from the past...

Does anyone remember an old commodore64 game called Project Firestart?

Scary game, decent graphics for it's time, and definately a game that be playable today with a makeover.
Jonathan Sodalis www.sodalisrpg.com
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
        -from "The Sayings of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan

Rep:
Level 88
C64 = sex.

Remake Jumpman, H.E.R.O or the one where you are this ball that has to jump over holes, and the path is coloured looking and I think it's set in space (fuck what is it called? I want the rom of it now. Someone help please! :() Travelball? :( I can't member. Anyway - one of those three.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 02:35:44 PM by ataraxy2 »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
hmm...I think a good remake of super metroid with nice updated graphics but still a side scroller would be nice...

Rep:
Level 87
Is that a pocket dimension? Indeed!
I want a new Rock 'n' Roll Racing! That is the one game that not one could beat me at!

Actually, I can envision it as a movie if you could get a big buget and good director. Who would want to see a racing movie with monster trucks that have rockets and plasma rifles mounted on them?
I apologize in advance for all spelling errors...

Rep:
Level 94
Honestly? Not me.