RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[WIP] Undeath (Possibly Temp Name)

Cursed by Ghost Dog for eternity
Rep:
Level 86
w/e
    Hope this is the right place to post this (if it's not can some one please move it to the correct place).

First off, Zombies. We all know them and love them so I decided to create a Zombie game (if I can ever get Game Maker to download properly). The game will hopefully be a side scrolling action RPG.

Features
  • It's hard to stay alive when a Zombie eats your face. Therefore you must look after two (maybe 3) health bars. Keep your health up while keeping your infection levels low. Low health and high infection levels will result in your combat abilities lowering and you finding it harder to battle off the Zombies.
  • The 3rd bar which the game might feature is the panic bar. Obviously, if a Zombie jumps out and attempts to eat your face while your innocently walking along or the battle starts to get more complicated (more Zombies are in the battle or the battle goes on for a long time, etc) your combat abilities will change (depending on skills and stuff).
  • The fighting system will involve you pointing and shooting, hacking, dismembering and generally taking zombies out in a bloody and violent battle.
  • Multiple fighting types:
    Melee fighting involves making the Zombies fall on your swords, knives as well as getting up close and personal to the Zombies.
    Ranged fighting involves turning the Zombies into clouds of blood by shooting them with bullets, arrows, grenades and whatever.
    Panic actions will also be in there but only if I can get the panic bar to work. Panic actions are as you probably guessed, moves that you perform when your panicking. They usually involve taking out the Zombies in a quick and dirty fashion but you have to be close to the Zombies to do them and your health may suffer.
  • Most weapons and armor have a durability that will gradually decrease over time so keeping your weapon/armor health up is pretty important. If your armor or weapon durability fades then your ability to survive falls.
  • Leveling up your skills don't just happen when killing Zombies. For example, if you want to level up your repair skill then you must repair things or talk to a trainer who will level things up (for a price). Health and panic skills are upgraded like normal.
  • The game will hopefully be full of side quests alongside the main storyline.
  • The map wont just be a small island. A whole world will be your battleground as you fight for the safety of the remnants of the human race.

More updates to come but I'm tired and want to goto to bed.
Sorry for the long winded post.
I'm going to need a lot of help learning how to implement almost all of the features in this game so if you know any good tutorials or can/want to help then please let me know, cheers.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 10:32:24 AM by Havick »
The Newbie
I'll be gone again in time.