RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Scarlet Rose (working title) (ABS)

Rep:
Level 88
Something something events
Project of the Month winner for December 2008
So, last weekend I was sitting in my chair when suddenly things just started clicking! 6 months ago when I tried making a ABS I just could not do it, and shortly after I gave up, until now! I bring you [insert working title here]!

This game is still in design but I have high hopes for it as I'm working on it like no other game I've worked on before! Here is the basic over view of it:

Characters:

Spoiler for:

Celes
The heir to the throne, Celes is to be the shining hope for her kingdom. Plans to restore the war-torn land back to it's once green flourishing state.

????
A robed man seen in the begining of the game. He seems to know a lot about the death of the king, and also seems to have been pulling the strings in the background of the royal family. Is he the king's killer?

Story:

Spoiler for:
5 years prior to the game starting, the King passed away from a unknown disease. 5 years later (when the game starts) Princess Celes is to take the throne and rule over the Kingdom of Alviaera. Celes soon stumbles into a mystery's answer, but is only shrouded by more mystery. A robed man makes his appearance at night, talking to what we would hope are guards. This man seems to know what has been going on for the past 5 years, and also seems to be involved in the kings death. Celes takes the first strike and plans to escape the castle, knowing that she is the next target for this man. (To be continued)

Screenshots

Spoiler for:

ABS System

Yup, I'm completely eventing this ABS system on RM2k3. Xp is a bit meh for me and I know 2k3 much better. So far I have a statues display bar working and a functioning HP display/refreshing system (That means no hearts like zelda!) Here is a one screenshot I have so far:

I plan on making the display background better, just for now I'm using a basic one.

What I'm working on:

Spoiler for:
*MP Display [60%]
*Advance enemy AI (Bosses mainly) [30%]
*Custom Made Menu [2%]

Features I plan on adding:

Spoiler for:
*Weapon Mastery System (Will you learn the way of the sword, or the dagger?)
*Spell branch learning tree system (Will be explained when added)
*Countering, and evasive actions (This will mainly be equations)
*Chain Bar (When full you unleash a powerful attack based off of weapon in hand)

Like I said, I have high hopes for this game. Everything so far is working out great!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 05:58:59 AM by HowlingWinds »