RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Web browser problems [Solved]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I'm having an annoying problem, whe I open the browser, wether it's Mozilla, firefox, opera or google chrome, I get a search engine which, appeared out of nowhere and became the main page ad main search engine. I just wanna know how to restore it to it's default search (Google) but I dunno how to do it. I don't know if I'm making any sense.

I get these searches whenever I open the webrowser:

http://search.findwide.com/
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 08:43:25 AM by Karo Rushe »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
You have a trojan virus that is hijacking your browsers.

Utilize these two tools, the first one first and see if it fixes your issue, and then the second link if the first one fails:

https://www.malwarebytes.org/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

They are both very well trusted programs for rooting out these things.
If it doesn't work, please inform and we can try something different.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I ran the programs, and followed the instructions, but now I get this one instead:

home.psafe.com
and when I open a tab
home.tb.ask.com/index

. . . .Running malwarebytes now and fingers cross to clean it up now. I'll reply quickly if it worked or not.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Finished and I still have the home.psafe.com  engine & the ask.com that now keep popping up, now what?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Try disabling them in your add-ons.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Changed the main page to google once more in the options & disabled add-ons as you recommended, Gone for good, and I hope it stays that way. Thank you.