RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Critical Error with Conditional Branch

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I am on XP.  For some reason, whenever I try to a conditional branch to check for gold before doing a transaction the game crashes and I get the message "Critical Error C0000005 at address 004A6638".  Any idea why?

darkace77450
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 12:30:46 PM by Blizzard »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
maby a script you are using doesn't get along with it.

~Boe
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

To check to see if it was a script interferring with it I opened a new project with no additional scripts and it still crashed.  The crash is occuring the moment I click "OK" in the Conditional Branch menu.  But thanks for the reply.  If anyone else has any ideas I'd be happy to hear them.

darkace77450

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
uh...

Can you take a screen shot of the even or tell me everything in is... I want to recreate it and see if it happens to me...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I have already deleted the event.  However, it happens no matter what is in the event.  I opened a new event and went straight to a Conditional Branch.  I went to page four of the options and selected Gold.  No matter what amount I enter as soon as I click "enter" the game crashes and I get the critical error listed above.  I tried this with a new project, which will have no additional scripts in it (as far as I know), so I don't think it is a script.  Is it possible that there is a bug with my copy of RPG Maker?  Thanks again for your help.

darkace77450

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
legal copy of rpg maker?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Yes indeed it is a legal copy.

darkace77450

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I get the same error sometimes when I press F2 to preview a message window. Also legal version. Does itt happen with any conditional branch?
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Make sure you have the lastest version (1.02a)
In some versions there are a bug, which makes the program crash when you check gold with a conditional branch.

It appears this is the problem.  I went to the english rpg maker xp page and the notes on the patch page confirm the problem.  However, when I click on the download button I am transported to the japanese enterbrain page.  Does anyone know where I can download the patch?  And thanks for all your help guys.

darkace77450

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I believe there is a fix for this....

Here's a workaround, use this in your conditional branch:
$game_party.gold =< X

Where X is the amount you want.
(symbols may be wrong, just mess with it a bit (change the position of the < sign)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Yes, it should be <=. In fact it can be any of these here:

>= (equal or greater)
<= (equal or less)
>  (greater)
<  (less)
!= (not equal)
== (equal)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
There is a space at the end of the Eb! download link. It should be http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_XP/eng/RXE-UP102a.exe
RGSS Dev

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

That link worked.  It's patched and working fine now.  Thanks to everyone who helped out.

darkace77450
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 11:33:17 PM by darkace77450 »