RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to make a puzzle with moving rocks.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I started this RPG and I am making a dungeon that requires you to move rocks into some positions, almost like a zelda type thing when you move blocks into position. I tried some stuff like using variables

This is what the code looks like for one of the rocks I have to move:

<>Move Event:: This Event
:                      :<>Move Away from Hero
<>Wait: 3 Frames
<>Conditional Branch: Variable [0001: position x] == 6
  <>Conditional Branch: Variable [0002: position y] ==5
      <>Switch: [0011: Rock1] = ON
      <>
   :  Else Handler
      <>Switch: [0011: Rock1] = OFF
      <>
   :  End
   <>
:  Else Handler
   <>Switch: [0011: Rock1] = OFF
   <>
:   End
<>

This goes for each rock, and they have different positions. Now I don't have a problem with the fact that each one has to be in a certian spot in order to make the chest appear. But every time I move them into the right spot the chest doesn't apear. I set it as a parallel process, and I make sure that using the conditional branch option, if all 7 rock switches are on that it activates a switch changing the page to make the chest appear. But for some reason it doesn't happen. I would like it if someone could tell me how to make it so that you can move the rocks on to certian spots but it doesn't matter which rock goes where. Thanks!

Rep:
Level 88
0w/\/Z0Rz im back Baby!
If this is for rpg maker 2000 or 203 than all you do is

move event>this event>face away from hero&move away from here>ok>action key>apply>ok
September 13, 2007, 06:56:52 PM <-  Last Login
I returned and better than ever!
Don't mess with me.
Ever....

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Well I got the part where the rock moves away from me, but I need help with when you move all the rocks to their correct positions it makes a chest appear, but I want to know if I can make it so that if any rock moves on to that location as long as the rocks form what they are supposed to make its ok and it still makes the chest appear. I have been rattling my brain about this for a while!

I have RPG Maker XP

Rep:
Level 88
0w/\/Z0Rz im back Baby!
>Creat event>touch by hero
No sprite or object
>move event (000?) to ????,????

best to make a big landscape with rocks as like the walls so people cant access it...put the chest up there so peeps wont see it..so now when they step on the even'it appears whereever u want it to appear
September 13, 2007, 06:56:52 PM <-  Last Login
I returned and better than ever!
Don't mess with me.
Ever....