RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Checking the inventory for items

Rep:
Level 84
Touch me im soft
Is it possible to check if the player has any items in the inventory? I mean not just a certain i tem, all of them.

Click for my current project.

Rep:
Level 89
... I got nothing.
Start the game, Go to the menu and go into the item screen.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'm not* certain what you mean? But yeah, VX's conditionals do support checking items. I mean, they can't really check to see if you have ALL the items in the game? if that's what you mean, because if that's what you want, then I would say 'have fun' because you'll be using a shit ton of conditional branches checking each individual item in the inventory of a player. The only easy way I could think of (since im still assuming what you're asking) is to give the player one more item as like some sort of achievement for gathering every single item in their inventory or something, then you only have to make one conditional to check if that one item is in their inventory. I still don't really know what you're asking for, but i hope this helps a bit.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 03:51:19 AM by grafikal009 »

Rep:
Level 84
Touch me im soft
I'm sorry, I worded it horribly. The scenario is that the player is entering an arena competition. The arena does not allow any outside items. So I basically want to check if the player has any items in their inventory at all. I will be using breadlord's store item script so the player can deposit them.

Click for my current project.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Ah, I see what you meant. Sounds good, and to check, you only need to check one item. (unless the player doesn't have that item so pick one that you know a player will have 100% at that time to save you time from having to write conditionals on everything.)