RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Displaying Text

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
This is my personal text.
I have a quest in my game that requires you to kill 10 guys (that's the basics of it anyways :P ) and is stored as a variable. I have the variable, now how do I display it on the screen as text? I imagine I'd use a condition : if you're on this quest it displays {variable}/10. How would I go about doing this? (<- is a more advanced nooby btw)

Edit: I want it to display on the game screen. :]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 11:57:39 PM by Bigbruce »
I'm Bigbruce, and I approve this message.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, you can display it in a Show Message comand by \v[variable_id] / 10

It sounds like you want it constantly on the screen, in which case you have to use scripting, but I would consider just making a common event that is called when you press 'Q'. It's not very fancy, but it's easy and done completely with events.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
This is my personal text.
Well, you can display it in a Show Message comand by \v[variable_id] / 10

Alrighty, I'll use this :) ty for the help.
I'm Bigbruce, and I approve this message.