RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Respawn after death without game over[RESOLVED]

Rep:
Level 87
i need a tutorial on how to get my characters to respawn instead of having the gameover
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 02:21:08 PM by Blizzard »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Is this for defult battle systems, or an ABS or something?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
well of course abs cause if it was battle system i could just choose to continue even if u die.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ack... If you have the time, can you teach how to respawn for the DBS? I want to make it so you go back to the last city that you visited and lost all money you currently held (help astanin first though, unless you have a script or tutorial already XP) so that a bank could be much more useful.

Rep:
Level 87
My first tutorial so bear with me.
IF you don't use random encounters you can do it, using this...
Encounter Part 1
Spoiler for:
Make an auto event and set it to 'disallow encounters' under 'event commands' at the end put 'erase event'
Encounter Part 2 For single enemy type
Spoiler for:
Step 1: Create an event that has no graphic. so you cant see it
Step 2: Put it at a top corner of the map so that it can reach your character.
Step 3: Set it to 'Collision' this makes it look like a random encounter
Step 4: Put its movement however you want. something like 'follow hero' works better, and its movement
 speed should be something like fastest and its frequency to higher.
Step 5: Put 'enemy encounter' under 'event command' and tick 'escape allowed' and most importantly 'custom defeat handler'
Step 6: Under 'victrory handler' put 'change event location' then make it go to its original start location.
Under 'Escape handler' put 'change event location' then make it go to its original start location.
Under 'Defeat handler' put 'teleport' to where you want to respawn then put in 'complete healing' for the party
Encounter Part 2 For multiple enemy type
Spoiler for:
Step 1: Create an event that has no graphic. so you cant see it
Step 2: Put it at a top corner of the map so that it can reach your character.
Step 3: Set it to 'Collision' this makes it look like a random encounter
Step 4: Put its movement however you want. something like 'follow hero' works better, and its movement
 speed should be something like fastest and its frequency to higher.
Step 5: Put a 'variable operation' and make it set a random number from 1 to the number of enemies there is. Name the variable monstertype
Step 6: Put 'conditional branch' and select variable monstertype = to constant number one for the first number.
Step 7: Put 'enemy encounter' under 'Conditional branch thing', select the monster you want for the first doesn't really matter what it is, and tick 'escape allowed' and most importantly 'custom defeat handler'
Step 8: Under 'victrory handler' put 'change event location' then make it go to its original start location.
Under 'Escape handler' put 'change event location' then make it go to its original start location.
Under 'Defeat handler' put 'teleport' to where you want to respawn then put in 'complete healing' for the party
Step 9: Under 'else handler' repeat steps 6 to 9 for every monste you want to be able to encounter.
hope this helps
Current Game: "The Burning Lands"

Rep:
Level 87
i cant really understand what ur saying infernalone but i think your talking about just the battle system? because i tried all three none of them worked...

Rep:
Level 87
For the ABS:

Create your respawn point using "Memorize Position" command.

I would use a Variable in place of the user's HP, subtracting from the Variable each time damage is dealt, rather than the HP. then in a Parallel Process (either in common events, or in a map event) use a Fork Condition stating when HP is less than or equal to 0, Go To Memorized Position, then increase the Variable by 1, giving the Hero 1 HP, or however you want to do it.

You will not be able to show the Hero's true HP in the DMS though. You will need a Menu that shows the Variable's amount rather, since it will be acting as the hero's HP.

That's how I would do it. It would take a little more working with, but there are the basics.

I will take more time and create an entire tutorial when I figure out how to make it flawlessly.
Refrain from calculating your juvenile poultry prior to the incubation process's execution.

Rep:
Level 87
ok thanks =p u helped a lot man all around the respawn i will have events triggered by touch with a conditional branch if hp=1 or less then heal whole party thanks man

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
change [REQUEST] to [RESOLVED]
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
You're welcome, glad I could help  ;D
Refrain from calculating your juvenile poultry prior to the incubation process's execution.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
@TheInfernalOne: I get what you're saying, but I don't want to do it like that. :P Sorry, but that seems very impractical will the many, many battles that will be going on. Also, if the event was erased, then the person would have to go out of the map and search for that spot again. If it wasn't erased, then the person could easily abuse the spot and level up/fight very quickly. Can anyone help me with this?  :-\